Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brisket!

16 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Anyone else cook on a smoker? My wife bought me one for my birthday back in November and I have five smokes of chicken, ribs, and a turkey for Thanksgiving. Have a 16 pound brisket on the smoker now and it should be down around 2:00 pm tomorrow!

Posted · Report post

Oh hell yeah!

What temp you cooking at?

Posted · Report post

I've had a few different smokers in my day. Love them. I smoked a turkey for thanksgiving once. Took about 6hrs, but it was the best damn turkey I've ever had. Right now, I have a big green egg. That thing rocks.

Posted · Report post

Try smoking a meatloaf. Just don't put ketchup on it.

Posted · Report post

Anyone else cook on a smoker? My wife bought me one for my birthday back in November and I have five smokes of chicken, ribs, and a turkey for Thanksgiving. Have a 16 pound brisket on the smoker now and it should be down around 2:00 pm tomorrow!

yeah, its gas tho.. so I probably piss off the bbq godz. Was actually thinking bout doing a lil cheap chuck roast in the morning.

Posted · Report post

I've had a few different smokers in my day. Love them. I smoked a turkey for thanksgiving once. Took about 6hrs, but it was the best damn turkey I've ever had. Right now, I have a big green egg. That thing rocks.

I want one of those so bad. I made a so- so dofer out of 2 large clay flower pots but I still want one.

Posted · Report post

Also, I recommend saving the burnt ends for chili or pizza.

Posted · Report post

yeah, its gas tho.. so I probably piss off the bbq godz. Was actually thinking bout doing a lil cheap chuck roast in the morning.

Boooo!

Posted · Report post

I want one of those so bad. I made a so- so dofer out of 2 large clay flower pots but I still want one.

The green egg is the schnizznit. It holds heat like a mother. It will still be 300+ 4hrs after I extinguished the fire.

Posted · Report post

The Green Egg is way out of my price range as I am a poor state employee. I have a Weber Smokey Mountain (22.5") and it has worked great so far. Started the coals around 9:30 last night; just came back for checking the temperature of the smoker and it is sitting at 230 degrees.

I am trying to keep the temps between 220 and 250 for the brisket smoke... So far so good. I used mesquite wood chunks which I have heard bot good and bad things about; I am hoping the brisket turns out OK! I figure I am probably about half way through the smoke and am looking forward to a few beers, some brisket, and some football later on!

Posted · Report post

I have a cheapy electric and use it a lot. I dream of having an egg.