• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sam Mills Fan

Congrats to Cam for officially making the Pro Bowl!

No way he turns it down. Nobody really tries to break people in this game anyway and as was mentioned Cam respects the game.

He will be humble and have fun. I am looking forward to seeing him out there

Congratulations Cam.

Is Eli dumb enough to still play in the Pro Bowl?

Throughout the Playoffs, I've asked myself if either Brees, Rodgers, or Eli would do it even if they made it to the Super Bowl. You know Cam would TRY TO, if he made the Pro Bowl despite being in the Super Bowl, before being told that it would be a bad idea.

Is Eli dumb, professional, competitive, whatever, enough to try this? Doubtful.

I'm pretty sure that the players on the Super Bowl teams aren't allowed to play in the Pro Bowl ever since they moved it to the week before the Super Bowl.

Making it official:

Cam Newton's historic rookie season will get one final act, as the Carolina Panthers quarterback will replace New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning on the NFC's Pro Bowl roster.

Newton was the first alternate among NFC quarterback after Manning, Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees. The Giants overtime victory over the San Francisco 49ers in Sunday's NFC Championship Game made Manning unavailable for next Sunday's Pro Bowl and opened a spot for Newton.

Newton, the first overall pick in the 2011 draft, threw for 4,051 yards -- the most by a rookie in NFL history -- and 21 touchdowns with 17 interceptions this season to post an 84.5 quarterback rating. He added 706 rushing yards to become the first player in league history to pass for 4,000 yards and rush for at least 500 yards in a single season. Newton also set an NFL for most rushing touchdowns by a quarterback in a single season with 14

I'm pretty sure that the players on the Super Bowl teams aren't allowed to play in the Pro Bowl ever since they moved it to the week before the Super Bowl.

"ALLOWED TO"? Where's the rule that says they aren't "ALLOWED TO"?

Is it normal for them not to play with the Super Bowl a week after? Of course Eli won't be there, which was the point of my post, moron. But I've never seen anything say they aren't ALLOWED TO participate.

Like I said, Cam wouldn't be "allowed to" by the Panthers. I'm pretty sure Eli wouldn't be "allowed to" by the Giants if he wanted to, but I haven't seen where the NFL prevents them from doing so.

'Grats to Killa Cam. Unlike many, I love watching the pro bowl and all the behind the scenes stuff they show, because I am a fan of the NFL as well. This'll just immensely add to my enjoyment of it.

We have a Pro Bowl QB.

Sorry, had to see that in writing.

We've sent 4 QBs to the Pro Bowl... Not that uncommon for us. Getting them to continue playing at that level or not benching them for Jeff Lewis has been our problem.

the only thing i think this is good for is if cam and smitty use their swag to help a couple indecisive quality potential free agents say that they would be willing to take a discount to be a part of what carolina is building.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    rahamjango7

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts