• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#31 rainwater

rainwater

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 02:02 PM

Move the kickoff back to where it was, or force defenders to start 10 yards back from the ball.

If you want returns, you keep the kickoff team no more than five yards back. Plus, they did that to prevent injuries and I don't think they will ever let the kickoff team 10 yards back anymore.

#32 rainwater

rainwater

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 02:02 PM

Please change the overtime rule! Not because i don't like it. But because it takes 20 minutes for the official to explain before the coin toss. It shouldn't be that complicated.

#33 Jangler

Jangler

a head full of candy corn

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 47,573 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 02:50 PM

They should make a rule that the current regular season overtime rules are forever after engraved in granite and will not be changed.

Forget all this "fairness" crap. Life isn't fair.

But games should be, most of the time both teams fought to be in OT, both should have a chance to win.

#34 Arnie

Arnie

Wham Bam Thank You Cam!!

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:51 AM

Please change the overtime rule! Not because i don't like it. But because it takes 20 minutes for the official to explain before the coin toss. It shouldn't be that complicated.

:D Definitely with you on that one and...............
Putting the TD Celebrations need to back in the mix, "."
We used to have the excitement of a Touchdown, coupled with a "WTH is Smitty going to do next?" You get penalized for some stoooooooooopid stuff. I remember on Christmas Weekend, Marshawn Lynch(I think it was him) gets flagged for pulling a Bow out and sticking it on the Football and giving it to a fan. That was a classy move by him IMO, and it gets a Flag? C'mon Man!!

#35 Kansas Cat

Kansas Cat

• ALL-PRO
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:13 AM

:D Definitely with you on that one and...............
Putting the TD Celebrations need to back in the mix, "."
We used to have the excitement of a Touchdown, coupled with a "WTH is Smitty going to do next?" You get penalized for some stoooooooooopid stuff. I remember on Christmas Weekend, Marshawn Lynch(I think it was him) gets flagged for pulling a Bow out and sticking it on the Football and giving it to a fan. That was a classy move by him IMO, and it gets a Flag? C'mon Man!!

100% with you on celebrations being allowed, restricting the creativity allowed for celebrations gives us some pretty non-entertaining celebrations and that bow is a good example of a really cool celebration that I think brought value to the game.

As far as overtime I agree that equality of opportunity should be a primary concern of overtime rules, there should not be an advantage awarded to one team vs the other based on a coin flip because that cheapens the game significantly I feel. I really like college overtime rules, fast paced, can be EPIC like the K-State quadruple overtime win this year over A&M.

apologies in advance if I fug up embedding

Edited by Kansas Cat, 24 January 2012 - 08:25 AM.
embedding nub

#36 DC Amp

DC Amp

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,394 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:21 AM

100% with you on celebrations being allowed, restricting the creativity allowed for celebrations gives us some pretty non-entertaining celebrations and that bow is a good example of a really cool celebration that I think brought value to the game.

As far as overtime I agree that equality of opportunity should be a primary concern of overtime rules, there should not be an advantage awarded to one team vs the other based on a coin flip because that cheapens the game significantly I feel. I really like college overtime rules, fast paced, can be EPIC like the K-State quadruple overtime win this year over A&M.

apologies in advance if I fug up embedding

#37 Kansas Cat

Kansas Cat

• ALL-PRO
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:25 AM

Repped Cool Pepper, too noob to pie. Thanks for the asssist

#38 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,467 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:39 AM

Forward progress, which isn't even reviewable because there's no sound in the replay booth. Bullshit.

#39 Delhomeboy

Delhomeboy

Wage Slave

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:46 AM

This isn't really a rule, but more of a culture shift. Apparently, they tell the referees that if they even think there's a PI or roughing the passer, throw the flag. I think this is the wrong way to approach the games. They should be telling the refs that if they aren't sure, don't throw the flag. We can all tell when there's a Roughing the passer or a PI--it's just something we feel in our gut. They should let the refs have the same discretion.

#40 Mvp2014

Mvp2014

Phenom

• HUDDLER
  • 3,768 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:48 AM

Hitting a defenseless receiver. They call it even if the receiver has his hands on the ball. Used to it was the QBs job to not make his we defenseless.

this and the phantom roughing calls. Also, all penalties should be reviewable.

#41 bigdog10

bigdog10

• HUDDLER
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:57 AM

Illegal contact or PI

I'm fine with the roughing the passer stuff, now that we have a franchise QB. Anything that ensures that Cam stays healthy and keeps his legs under him is fine with me.

The defenseless receiver stuff is garbage (unless of course it is a Boldin-esque hit to the head)

#42 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,136 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:19 AM

Id like to see them do away with with a lot of the "protect the player" type penalties. "Defenseless" receivers and "away from the play" hell even the ticky-tack roughing the passer crap.

Instead Id like to see this.

If you knock someone out of the game and a flag is thrown you have to go out for the same amount of time the hurt player misses.

Take a cheap shot and knock a guy of the game? Then off to the showers for you.
Cheap shot a guy and end his season? Say bye-bye to your team for the balance of the season.
End someones career? Better hope you actually got a degree.

Of course, for the last two there would need to be an appeals process where someone could get back in the game if the punishment really exceeded what was warranted.

You want to stop the senseless violence of the game while maintaining its intensity? Then put a real price on some of the cheap poo that's happening. Make guys focus on technique over brutality.

#43 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,355 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:49 AM

agree with defenseless receiver and 5 yard contact rule is pure garbage.

yes I would like to keep Cam protected but Cam is big, agile, and self-aware. he can take care of himself. If you can't take the QB out when you get a shot you have ruined probably the greatest equalizer the game has ever known. If owners are whining about the money in the guaranteed contracts, STOP GUARANTEEING THE GOTDAMN CONTRACTS !!

#44 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,821 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:15 AM

2 things should be reviewed by the NFL and 3 rules should be reviewd by the Refs.

NFL- Stupid kickoff rule cause no one likes to see the ball fly into the endzone almost every time.

NFL- Over celebration rule, Yes I understand you should not go crazy far but the NFL is about entertainment also and that should be allowed.

Oh and one more NFL thing.... Stop GODDELL from taxing players for crazy reasons!!!! Its stupid when a player lays down a good hit and also has to fork over his pay for doing so.

Refs- PI, Roughing the passer, and that stupid idea they came up with where "if you dont know throw the flag"! fuging stupid as the fining players crap.

#45 rainwater

rainwater

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:16 AM

Id like to see them do away with with a lot of the "protect the player" type penalties. "Defenseless" receivers and "away from the play" hell even the ticky-tack roughing the passer crap.

With the lawsuits of former players with post-concussion syndromes, it will never happen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com