Photo
- - - - -

what rule would you like to see changed this summer

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
78 replies to this topic

#76 Snake

Snake

Rivera did What???

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:32 AM

Yeah, reviewing flags is a weird thing.

It could definitely help out on these refs getting calls horribly wrong. We're in an age and time where games shouldn't come down to a random judgment call from a ref.

But, on the other hand, if the head ref throws the flag, goes to review it, what's that going to accomplish? He's going to see the same thing he thought he seen the first time.

It becomes this weird cycle of judgment/instant replay.

Also, for the love of all that is holy, put a microchip in the ball that tells us when the ball crosses the goal line. It is impossible to tell if a guy got into the end zone on a QB keeper when there is 21 guys laying at the goal line.

Thats why it should be reviewed by the booth like the TDs are.

#77 Snake

Snake

Rivera did What???

HUDDLER

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:36 AM

Also I think if a WR or RB lowers his head that the Helmet to Helmet should not count. The guy is basically putting himself in harms way. Cant count how many time I have seen a WR lower his head to get that flag. Kinda like the tuck rule, if his head is going forward and lowered there should be no penalty.

#78 HeatCheck

HeatCheck

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:32 AM

Change the OT rules to where it's basically just a 5th quarter, no sudden death.

Damn that'd be a long game.

I say switch it to college OT rules. Maybe move it back 5 yards if needed.

My last statement on reviewing penalties, I don't think reviewing is the issue but it's the way the rules are applied. It's not consistent. I agree that the rules are making the NFL pussified. Some of the rules I don't agree with. The problem I see, is that officials need to call it consistently even though the rules are not agreeable with the fans. The are some missed calls and there are some calls that are questionable. Many think the calls become more crucial as the game goes along, but whose to say a random holding penalty in the first quarter that stops a drive at midfield as no effect on the outcome. But it's part of the game as long as the refs are there.

Edited by RadioKiller, 25 January 2012 - 10:45 AM.

#79 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

HUDDLER

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:45 AM

Damn that'd be a long game.

I say switch it to college OT rules. Maybe move it back 5 yards if needed.

How about adding more of a shootout quality and bring the kicking game into the spotlight even more. have kickers match distances with snapper and holder nothing else.

Sudden death.

Just kidding that would be terrible