Photo
- - - - -

CG's Official Senior Bowl Daily Report Thread.

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#16 CPcavedweller

CPcavedweller

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,318 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 05:40 PM

How about Brian Quick. I know he's not a big name for us but i'm still wondering. I think if we don't take a DB first we should take a look at Ryan Steed for a possible steal in the later rounds.

#17 Riverboat Ron

Riverboat Ron

The Gambler

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,105 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 05:53 PM

I'm actually most interested to see Quinton Coples in action. I just want to see if he played like crap this year due to the new coaching at Carolina or that he gave up on the team. Either way I'd have concerns moving forward, but if he dominates the o-line in the senior bowl I think we'd have to take a look at him if he's there at 8 or 9.

#18 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,646 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 06:04 PM

I'm actually most interested to see Quinton Coples in action. I just want to see if he played like crap this year due to the new coaching at Carolina or that he gave up on the team. Either way I'd have concerns moving forward, but if he dominates the o-line in the senior bowl I think we'd have to take a look at him if he's there at 8 or 9.

he won't be with that team enough to crap on.

i have no doubt that he will make himself look good in the senior bowl and at the combine, but his stock will be overrated beasue of those isolated events.

it's when people really start digging in that they will see what he really brings and that's when i think he'll take a surprising (according to analysts and draftniks) drop in the draft.

#19 Cat'sGrowl

Cat'sGrowl

The Beast Lurks Once More

• HUDDLER
  • 7,113 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 06:42 PM

That write up is coming guys. I had it all written out and my Internet blatantly refreshed on me. I'll rewrite it after I go throw a few things and blow of some steam.

#20 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,417 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 23 January 2012 - 07:24 PM

4:17 p.m. CT -- Brad Nortman (P/Wisconsin) was kicking moon shots all afternoon. His punts were consistently flying 55-to-60 yards with great hang time.

Sounds like a great punter that could probably come in as UDFA

4:01 p.m. CT -- Senio Kelemete (G/Washington) has been incredibly athletic on the field and has stopped several top-rated pass rushers -- including Jack Crawford of Penn State -- dead in their tracks. In the full scrimmage Kelemete annihilated Vinny Curry on one play.

Could be a 4th round OG prospect to keep an eye on. Could get into the 3rd though.

3:49 p.m. CT -- Alfonzo Dennard (CB/Nebraska) has struggled. He does not show a quick backpedal and struggled transitioning to run downfield with receivers. The usually reliable Dennard has not gotten his feet underneath him yet.

Didn't want before, and don't want now.

3:46 p.m. CT -- Vinny Curry (DE/Marshall) has looked terrific in the early going. He's been matched up against Ohio State tackle Mike Adams, who has been rising up draft boards, yet he's bettered the Big Ten lineman. Curry has looked quick, athletic and fluid. Adams reverted to holding Curry in an attempt slow him down.

- To his credit Adams did rebound and has looked very good run blocking.

Please draft Curry in the 2nd Hurney.

Edited by Lout, 23 January 2012 - 07:30 PM.

#21 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,701 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 07:34 PM

Many people looking at Curry.

John Fox scoping out your safety

http://draftcountdow...ions/Monday.php

#22 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,540 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 23 January 2012 - 07:37 PM

Lout were are you getting your info from, and thanks. Dennard showed he was slow and cant cover WR 's down field in the bowl game. but yet Mayock got him ranked as the 3rd CB over Johnson, and Kirkpatrick.

#23 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,417 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 23 January 2012 - 07:52 PM

Many people looking at Curry.

John Fox scoping out your safety

http://draftcountdow...ions/Monday.php

Rep for the site. Not worried about the Broncos interest in iloka. We draft before them in the 2nd round, so if we want him, we have first option.

The 49ers could take Curry late 1st round, but I haven't seen anyone mock him in the 1st yet. Jax could take him in the 2nd ahead of us.. so that worries me.

#24 CaliPanthers

CaliPanthers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 07:57 PM

Ive seen Vinny Curry mocked in the 1st to the Chargers from Sporting News.com. I hope we can get him in the 2nd but if he blows up all week, i doubt he will be available. But will see, Mayock didnt have him in his top 5 DE's, he had Chandler Jones ranked above him. So we will see.

#25 Cat'sGrowl

Cat'sGrowl

• HUDDLER
  • 7,113 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 08:07 PM

Original post updated with today's report.

#26 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,701 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 08:18 PM

Original post updated with today's report.

Many thanks

#27 CaliPanthers

CaliPanthers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 08:26 PM

From Scott Wrights Twitter: http://twitter.com/DraftCountdown

DraftCountdown Scott Wright Twitter:
Told that #LSU DL Michael Brockers will be meeting with the #Rams, #Vikings, #Redskins, #Panthers and #Bills at the #Senior Bowl.

From Russ Lande (writer for Sporting News and former scout): http://twitter.com/russlande

RUSSLANDE Russell Lande
Georgia CB Boykin was outstanding today. Displayed elite athleticism, explosive closing ability and natural ball skills to break up passes.

RUSSLANDE Russell Lande
Arkansas WR J. Adams was the best receiver on the South squad. He was explosive accelerating, quick out of his cuts & caught the ball well.

#28 BeasonBeastingBacks

BeasonBeastingBacks

Farewell Sweet Prince

• HUDDLER
  • 3,195 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 08:30 PM

thanks for the info guys, appreciate it

#29 Cat'sGrowl

Cat'sGrowl

• HUDDLER
  • 7,113 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 08:35 PM

I'm very excited about seeing the south tomorrow. Much more relevant players in relation to our needs (not to mention, more interesting talent)

#30 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 08:40 PM

Please draft Curry in the 2nd Hurney.

He was someone that I was going to put in my previous mock in the first (after the trade down). I really like him as DE, he is beastly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com