Photo
- - - - -

CG's Official Senior Bowl Daily Report Thread.

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#31 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,727 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 08:50 PM

http://walterfootbal...012meetings.php

Guess Curry was on our radar after all

#32 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,417 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 23 January 2012 - 08:54 PM

He was someone that I was going to put in my previous mock in the first (after the trade down). I really like him as DE, he is beastly.

I can't say enough about him. Yes, he played inferior competition, but not only did he dominate them.. he also dominated the high level talent as well. The guy is an amazing pass rusher (which is what we need).. and he has improved a ton against the run this year. The run game is considered his weak point.. but his technique can be taught. Athletiscm can not be taught.

#33 Cat'sGrowl

Cat'sGrowl

The Beast Lurks Once More

• HUDDLER
  • 7,113 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 08:55 PM

Not surprised to see us look at Schwartz. Was a beast today, and heard one of our scouts say his name. If we could land him, that'd be a sweet addition.

#34 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,417 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 23 January 2012 - 08:59 PM

http://walterfootbal...012meetings.php

Guess Curry was on our radar after all

If I could give you rep twice, I would.. lol. Makes me happy that we are looking, not only at Curry, but at high round DE's in general. We are definitely looking to upgrade our pass rush. And I would not mind have the Schwartz brothers on the team.

#35 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,727 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 09:05 PM

They were afraid that as a 4-3 backer, that Curry would be too small, but he weighed in at 265 lbs. Or at least that is what I remember. No wonder we did well against the OLine.

Bet he does not get by the Rams at top of second

#36 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,727 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 09:12 PM

http://www.gbnreport...rbowlreport.htm

Interesting thoughts on Upshaw as a linebacker and where he might end up

#37 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,549 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 09:21 PM

WOW...thank you Cat's Growl. I will rape....rep you as soon as possible :)

If one thing this draft seems loaded with is corners. I want Brockers more and more every day. We could easily wait till the second to draft a good corner.

#38 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,647 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 09:34 PM

Were clearly focused on the trenches(which I love) if were looking at brockers,curry, and Schwartz. We could end up getting all three of them if curry drops to our second pick

#39 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,164 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:01 PM

Alemeda Ta'amu. I will not shut up about this guy the next few months. He was the most dominant player on the field today. He destroyed Ohio St. C Mike Brewster, who is 6'5" and 310 lbs, literally every single play, along with every other OLmen placed across from him. He is fast. He is strong. And he was in the backfield almost instantly on every play. He caused chaos and it was beautiful. He will need some bulk if he wants to play NT at our level, but he was just vicious, spectacular, gifted, a monster, and many other creative adjectives. His stock will soar this week.

He weighs 341 lbs. How is that not big enough to play 1-gap NT in a 4-3 defense?

#40 Cat'sGrowl

Cat'sGrowl

• HUDDLER
  • 7,113 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:06 PM

He weighs 341 lbs. How is that not big enough to play 1-gap NT in a 4-3 defense?

I'm aware of how he's listed, but he certainly didn't appear to be that big. He was big, but he certainly didn't look that big.

#41 Cat'sGrowl

Cat'sGrowl

• HUDDLER
  • 7,113 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:14 PM

I mean if he does weigh that much, it's all muscle. Because he doesn't have the thickness for most guys who weigh 341.

#42 44johnson

44johnson

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:14 PM

I have been so waiting for someone on here to mention Alameda Ta'amu. I watched lots of his games and he is an absolute stud. He demands a double team and when singled he pushes his opponent straight into the backfield. He does not give up gaps but pushes his man straight back into the QB. There is some video of him on youtube. There is one game against Washington State where he dominates. The other game against Baylor which is hard to evaluate due to being a complete shoot out. In the Baylor game I noticed that they ran away from him and rolled away from him on passing downs.

He was bothered by nagging injury this year so his stats are down and he has gone under the radar somewhat. The only knock I can find on him is awareness to track down the ball carrier. He did play in the 4-3 and is not strictly a NT.

While I would really rather have a veteran come in on the line next year, I would be delighted if the Panthers drafted this guy. THANKS Catsgrowl!

#43 kdrh5

kdrh5

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:24 PM

That South roster literally has ten guys I'm interested in and have mentioned in this forum.

#44 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,164 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:33 PM

I mean if he does weigh that much, it's all muscle. Because he doesn't have the thickness for most guys who weigh 341.

don't see how it's a disadvantage to have more muscle mass since fat doesn't contribute to exertion capacity

#45 Cat'sGrowl

Cat'sGrowl

• HUDDLER
  • 7,113 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:37 PM

I never stated having lots of muscle is a disadvantage?

I'm simply saying he certainly doesn't look that big. Not even close.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com