Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coples at Senior Bowl

207 posts in this topic

Posted

Yea Coples is not Pep like, doesnt have the burst or athletic ability. To me, he is more in the mold of a Justin Tuck. If he reaches his potential, could be a better Justin Tuck.

Posted

Yea Coples is not Pep like, doesnt have the burst or athletic ability. To me, he is more in the mold of a Justin Tuck. If he reaches his potential, could be a better Justin Tuck.
i'm not going to bank on that happening.

Posted

Not impressed with Coples senior bowl game.. the one true OT he faced was Schwartz and he got shut down. He looked good against Kelemente and Osemele, who are both projected to play OG in the NFL..

Posted

I don't think Coples is good enough - or Hardy bad enough - to take a DE this high. Would rather have Brockers/Still/Kuechly or even Courtney Upshaw or one of the OT's than Coples.

Kuechly is a MLB....does not have the speed to play OLB. Do NOT need a MLB at #8 or #9 overall pick.

Upshaw is a 3-4 LB....not built to be a everydown 4-3 DE. I love his play, but just don't see that he fits here with a pick that high. He would definitely be a tweener and a situational player.

Posted

How did Robert Quinn play this season? That should give us a ball-park estimate of how Coples will contribute.

23 tackles, 5 sacks

Posted

23 tackles, 5 sacks

sounds like Hardy's stats.

Posted

sounds like Hardy's stats.

you take Hardy and I'll take Quinn. OK with that?

Posted

No way. Quinn's upside is much greater. He is an athletic freak.

My point was that Coples probably would not be an instant upgrade in the pass rush department over Hardy. It might take a couple seasons before he surpasses Hardy in that area. I think we will have an immediate impact in run defense though.

Posted

Only if you take Hilee Taylor too

Posted

It is becoming clear that Coples will end up being this years Cam Newton juding by this thread.

I mean that in terms of pre-draft debate, not what he will actually accomplish on the field once in the NFL.

Posted

It is becoming clear that Coples will end up being this years Cam Newton juding by this thread.

I mean that in terms of pre-draft debate, not what he will actually accomplish on the field once in the NFL.

brockers is more lilely to be the cam of this draft in discussion and in upside.

Posted

some of you grade harder than scouts and GMs. he had a pretty good week, and game. and the draftniks think so as well.