• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

#151 Miaoww

Miaoww

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,730 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:16 PM

I guess we know who DaCityKats is drafting in this mock....

#152 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,602 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:23 PM

I guess we know who DaCityKats is drafting in this mock....

Yeah BPA.

#153 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:06 PM

You said he is not athletic but yet you compare him to two athletic DEs.

I never said he wasn't athletic. I said he wasn't Peppers or Mario williams level athletic.

Their is a differance.

example

Greg Jennings is a athletic WR.

Clavin Johnson is a Freak of nature WR.

Better Exp.

Lebron James while being the same size and weight of Karl Malone is faster can jump higher can bend his body in air in ways Karl couldn't dream of doing.

Get the Picture?

#154 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,517 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:53 PM

As for Coples not wanting to be drafted as a DT, here's his response.

"I don't really have a preference, to be honest with you," Coples said following his South Team's practice Tuesday. "I'm willing to play in the 3-4, 4-3 inside or outside. I've been practicing and working on improving so that I'll not only be the best defensive lineman in the draft but the most versatile.""I'm versatile. I can play from the zero [nose guard] to the nine [defensive end lining up outside of the tight end] and get after it.

http://www.fieldgull...tney-upshaw-big

#155 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,415 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:59 PM

again...he's trying to get a job. what else is he going to do or say?

what is said and done here is not necessarily emblematic of what they will be like heir future career or how they have done consistently in the past.

i'm taking everything here with a grain of salt and through the lenses that they are going to be trying to make themselves pretty to potential employers.

#156 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,517 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:08 PM

again...he's trying to get a job. what else is he going to do or say?

what is said and done here is not necessarily emblematic of what they will be like heir future career or how they have done consistently in the past.

i'm taking everything here with a grain of salt and through the lenses that they are going to be trying to make themselves pretty to potential employers.

The difference is that he's done what he's saying in the Past for UNC. Switched from LE to DT (because the team needed him to do so) then switched from DT > LE > RE (because the team asked him to do so, because of another player wanting LE). Of course he'd rather play LE, that's where he feels the most comfortable. He's proven though that he'll do what's necessary for the team and his team mates.

#157 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,415 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:09 PM

i'm still not buying it, but if the panthers for some reason draft him i'm hoping that you are right.

#158 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,420 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:31 PM

The difference is that he's done what he's saying in the Past for UNC. Switched from LE to DT (because the team needed him to do so) then switched from DT > LE > RE (because the team asked him to do so, because of another player wanting LE). Of course he'd rather play LE, that's where he feels the most comfortable. He's proven though that he'll do what's necessary for the team and his team mates.

It just so happens that we could use a LDE.. lol. CJ has the RDE locked down. I think Hardy could flourish as a rotational pass rusher.

Can anyone answer if Coples is considered a 'finesse' DE. I read that he is a finesse player. And I remember Rivera saying that he does not want finesse players... thus him not being a good fit if it's true. Coples seems physical to me in the limited time I have seen him play.. he does try to speed rush a bit as well.. but I have seen him try to go through guys a ton as well. So is this finesse label just pure ignorange or is there something to it?

Edited by Lout, 27 January 2012 - 03:34 PM.

#159 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:34 PM

I'll trust Rivera and staff if they like or feel they can motivate him then I'll trust their judgement.

#160 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,517 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:37 PM

It just so happens that we could use a LDE.. lol. CJ has the RDE locked down. I think Hardy could flourish as a rotational pass rusher.

Can anyone answer if Coples is considered a 'finesse' DE. I read that he is a finesse player. And I remember Rivera saying that he does not want finesse players... thus him not being a good fit if it's true. Coples seems physical to me in the limited time I have seen him play.. he does try to speed rush a bit as well.. but I have seen him try to go through guys a ton as well. So is this finesse label just pure ignorange or is there something to it?

He's a mix, but typically relies on his power. He typically will try a move, swim, rip or ext. If that doesn't work he'll resort to using pure power and doesn't go to second moves enough. He's a power rusher though, that can use finesse and speed moves when needed.

#161 kdrh5

kdrh5

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:14 PM

Well, everyone likes Gil Brandt now and he has Coples as a top five prospect, so I guess that settles it.

#162 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,756 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:29 PM

After watching him at Senior Bowl practice I can't imagine where the finese part of his game is. IMO, without an elite first step or burst power is going to have to be his game. He's a very powerful kid.

#163 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:01 PM

Well, everyone likes Gil Brandt now and he has Coples as a top five prospect, so I guess that settles it.

http://www.nfl.com/d...0-prospects-110

3 of his top 5 in 2008 are bust.

http://www.nfl.com/d...-the-2009-draft

2-of his top 5 are bust in 2009 and Everette Brown was # 12 best prospect.

Even Gil makes mistakes nobody is perfect. So what is settled In you're opinion?

Edited by koolkatluke, 27 January 2012 - 06:11 PM.

#164 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,602 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:14 PM

After watching him at Senior Bowl practice I can't imagine where the finese part of his game is. IMO, without an elite first step or burst power is going to have to be his game. He's a very powerful kid.

Va Tech game he showed finese and power, and a quick first step.

#165 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,517 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:18 PM

http://www.sacbee.co...bowl-gives.html

Tony Pauline, draft expert for SI.com, said UNC coaches have been telling scouts Coples played cautiously his senior season to avoid getting hurt - a charge Coples denies. Coples said his production fell off initially because of his move to the right side, where he faced better offensive tackles, many of whom had help blocking Coples.

"I was in a situation most people wouldn't understand. I experienced double teams, triple teams, like I've never experienced before in my career," Coples said. "It was a big adjustment. I learned a lot and it helped me mature and become more of a professional as a man on and off the field."

Coples has had a good week at the Senior Bowl practices, beating blockers during 1-on-1 drills and looking like the kind of impact pass-rusher that draws big contracts in the quarterback-centric NFL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com