• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

#181 CaliPanthers

CaliPanthers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:15 PM

Yea Coples is not Pep like, doesnt have the burst or athletic ability. To me, he is more in the mold of a Justin Tuck. If he reaches his potential, could be a better Justin Tuck.

#182 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • 29,584 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:24 PM

Yea Coples is not Pep like, doesnt have the burst or athletic ability. To me, he is more in the mold of a Justin Tuck. If he reaches his potential, could be a better Justin Tuck.

i'm not going to bank on that happening.

#183 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:27 PM

Not impressed with Coples senior bowl game.. the one true OT he faced was Schwartz and he got shut down. He looked good against Kelemente and Osemele, who are both projected to play OG in the NFL..

#184 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,110 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:15 AM

I don't think Coples is good enough - or Hardy bad enough - to take a DE this high. Would rather have Brockers/Still/Kuechly or even Courtney Upshaw or one of the OT's than Coples.

Kuechly is a MLB....does not have the speed to play OLB. Do NOT need a MLB at #8 or #9 overall pick.

Upshaw is a 3-4 LB....not built to be a everydown 4-3 DE. I love his play, but just don't see that he fits here with a pick that high. He would definitely be a tweener and a situational player.

#185 scarface

scarface

• HUDDLER
  • 2,893 posts
  • LocationEastern NC

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:46 AM

How did Robert Quinn play this season? That should give us a ball-park estimate of how Coples will contribute.

23 tackles, 5 sacks

#186 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,396 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:11 PM

23 tackles, 5 sacks

sounds like Hardy's stats.

#187 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,215 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:53 PM

sounds like Hardy's stats.

you take Hardy and I'll take Quinn. OK with that?

#188 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,396 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:35 PM

No way. Quinn's upside is much greater. He is an athletic freak.

My point was that Coples probably would not be an instant upgrade in the pass rush department over Hardy. It might take a couple seasons before he surpasses Hardy in that area. I think we will have an immediate impact in run defense though.

#189 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 22,313 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:37 PM

Only if you take Hilee Taylor too

#190 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 12,497 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:32 PM

It is becoming clear that Coples will end up being this years Cam Newton juding by this thread.

I mean that in terms of pre-draft debate, not what he will actually accomplish on the field once in the NFL.

#191 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • 29,584 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:34 PM

It is becoming clear that Coples will end up being this years Cam Newton juding by this thread.

I mean that in terms of pre-draft debate, not what he will actually accomplish on the field once in the NFL.

brockers is more lilely to be the cam of this draft in discussion and in upside.

#192 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed Moncrief 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,314 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:43 PM

some of you grade harder than scouts and GMs. he had a pretty good week, and game. and the draftniks think so as well.

#193 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • 29,584 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:49 PM

some of you grade harder than scouts and GMs. he had a pretty good week, and game. and the draftniks think so as well.

aside from a couple people in here, i don't think anyone is saying that he looked anything but great in the practices and the game.

the issue isn't that. pretty much everyone figured that would be the case, just like he'll look phenomenal at the combine.

the issue is what does he do from week to week. how does he push himself during the season? to me, more specifically, why didn't we see this all year?

several will blame it on the coaching situation or whatever. my response to this is, does that mean he's someone that isn't going to give 100% when times are tough or when the season isn't going as well? is he someone that is going to kick it into high gear when the team needs someone to look to as an example or is he just going to throw his hands in the air and say, "ahhh...f*ck it. we're screwed anyway. it's not worth the effort."

when you're talking about drafting someone in the first round, esp. with a top 10 pick, these are the questions you ask.

#194 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 22,313 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:50 PM

I don't recall Cams coaches questioning his work ethic or desire

#195 Miaoww

Miaoww

• HUDDLER
  • 2,730 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:03 PM

You've got to grade hard when it's the #8/9 pick.

Third and Fourth round is where you take fliers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.