Photo
- - - - -

Coples at Senior Bowl

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
205 replies to this topic

#205 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:10 PM

i don't think you are seeing what you think you are seeing.

Edited by rayzor, 30 January 2012 - 10:18 PM.

#206 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:25 PM

aside from a couple people in here, i don't think anyone is saying that he looked anything but great in the practices and the game.

the issue isn't that. pretty much everyone figured that would be the case, just like he'll look phenomenal at the combine.

the issue is what does he do from week to week. how does he push himself during the season? to me, more specifically, why didn't we see this all year?

several will blame it on the coaching situation or whatever. my response to this is, does that mean he's someone that isn't going to give 100% when times are tough or when the season isn't going as well? is he someone that is going to kick it into high gear when the team needs someone to look to as an example or is he just going to throw his hands in the air and say, "ahhh...f*ck it. we're screwed anyway. it's not worth the effort."

when you're talking about drafting someone in the first round, esp. with a top 10 pick, these are the questions you ask.

Rep+.. well said. When I think of the ideal Dlineman.. I want a guy with a non-stop motor, to go along with great physical attributes. I think the best DE in this draft is hands down Vinny Curry, but I also think Chandler Jones could be a special player as well. Coples and Ta-amu are studs, but I see them letting off the gas too often for my liking.