Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What they really think

16 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Will your taxes increase or decrease when Obama/democrats allow the Bush tax cut to expire?

Captial Gains going from 15% to 20% would be the main negative impact on me and even that will not be too bad in my case. Congress is debating whether or not to keep it 15% for some making below 100k. Not sure what will happen with that.

Posted · Report post

Well said Murph. We're witnessing the mob mentality that anyone of intelligence should be against.

Posted · Report post

Cutting taxes while raising government spending to fight wars is stupid. Keeping the stupid tax cuts while raising spending to fix the economy would be stupider.

According to the tax plans floated, I would pay maybe a bit less but not a lot as far as I can tell, and the majority of people would be in the same boat. Eventually taxes will have to go up I think, but raising them now would not be a good idea - they should have either been raised, or the "tax cuts" taken back, as soon as Bush saw the way the economy was going and how his spending was increasing - the economy would have been able to absorb it a little better then.

Posted · Report post

FWIW, I doubt many of those folks that attend these rallies understand the tax code or much about it. Their knowledge of the tax code is probably about as expansive as Fiz's knowledge of the military.