Photo
- - - - -

Help Me Out Here (Re: Gettis)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
65 replies to this topic

#61 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

SUPPORTER

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:45 AM

Just out of curiosity, you say he was under-utilized in college. Any idea why that may be the case? A cursory look back through statistics and such tells me that it may have been the result of Kendall Wright (projected as 1st round pick in the coming 2012 NFL Draft) coming on to the scene.

Even still, how does a guy that big and that strong with what many have described here as good hands get overlooked at the collegiate level?

Wouldn't it be a man-among-boys kind of situation? Wouldn't he be a collegiate quarterback's wet dream?

I'm pretty sure the difference was Wright had RG3 playing great football, not sure who Gettis had...I don't think it was RG3...I imagine Baylor was more of a passing team this year than when Gettis was there.

#62 Seamonk

Seamonk

kekekekekeke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:50 PM

Gettis is our deep threat. Smitty gets triple covered, Lafell can get open but doesn't have the speed to outrun a defense without breaking tackles or downfield blocking. Legatron is Legatron. We needed another Deep Threat. Like that Randy Moss interview song, his job is to take the top off the defense.

#63 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Honorary Honeydick Member

SUPPORTER

Posted 29 January 2012 - 02:32 AM

getting injured so early in the season will no doubt make him ready for camp in a few months...He had plenty of time to learn the playbook and watch film and with Chud staying nothing changes. I heard he is rehabbing nicely and he shouldn't loose any speed so I see him being a big part of our O next season.

#64 TAZZ

TAZZ

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:19 AM

Lafell 3rd round pick
Gettis 6th round pick

Gettis starts over a underperfrorming Lafell
Gettis is a very fast WR
Gettis is a tall target in the red zone

Cam is a more acurate QB than Jimmy

With Smith as the #1 WR
The TE's being used heavily
With Lafell stepping up
With Gettis speed & Height

There is only one football to throw on any giving play ,so if Gettis is targeted just 10 per cent a game and breaks one ....

#65 YourManInAmsterdam

YourManInAmsterdam

Might Be Drunk

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 29 January 2012 - 10:36 AM

I'm pretty sure the difference was Wright had RG3 playing great football, not sure who Gettis had...I don't think it was RG3...I imagine Baylor was more of a passing team this year than when Gettis was there.

Here are the stats from Baylor for the 2009 season (Gettis' Senior year, Kendall Wright's Sophmore year, prior to the RG3 takeover).

RECEIVING GP No. Yds Avg TD Long Avg/G
------------------------------------------------------
Wright, Kendall 12 66 740 11.2 4 59 61.7
Gettis, David 12 52 675 13.0 3 57 56.2

Not that these stats make a particularly compelling case one way or the other. Just thought I'd clear that bit up.

#66 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

SUPPORTER

Posted 29 January 2012 - 10:57 AM

Here are the stats from Baylor for the 2009 season (Gettis' Senior year, Kendall Wright's Sophmore year, prior to the RG3 takeover).

RECEIVING GP No. Yds Avg TD Long Avg/G
------------------------------------------------------
Wright, Kendall 12 66 740 11.2 4 59 61.7
Gettis, David 12 52 675 13.0 3 57 56.2

Not that these stats make a particularly compelling case one way or the other. Just thought I'd clear that bit up.

They were a heavy, heavy running team those four years that Gettis was there. They started to go to a passing attack with Rg3 at the helm.