Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dear Forgotten Panther Fans

42 posts in this topic

Posted

Where did this idea of people who stopped being fans because of Cam Newton being drafted or the fact that his is black come from?

Have we resorted to imagining things to whine about?

There was tremendous accusations/arguments/bull poo over Cam and racism last year. Literally multiple threads worth it was horrible.

Posted

just as bad is all the users with a signup date of april 2011

Take a look at the broncos forums. They are full of people with The Golden Calf of Bristol user names arguing with the real donk fans constantly. It's pretty funny.

Posted

and I think redbuddha might be driving that bandwagon.

Posted

Dear Forgotten Panther Fans,

I know that many of you stopped posting after Cam was drafted. Some of you were hurt, because you felt Cam had issues.

Well the season is over, he hasn't been involved in any scandals, he was cleared of any charges for his time at Auburn, he broke several nfl, team, and rookie records, made the Pro-bowl, and he generally seems like a nice kid.

Now if you didn't like him because he was black, I know that is something you can never get over; and something he can't fix for you.:rolleyes5:

However, if you had other reasons, I am giving you a one time :smash: amnesty to come back and celebrate the bright future with the rest of us.

Reinvent yourself and become an enlightened contributor to the forum. I'm sure some of you have some great football knowledge to contribute.

Chris (New Panther Fan)

gallery_1_1_5425.jpg

Posted

There was tremendous accusations/arguments/bull poo over Cam and racism last year. Literally multiple threads worth it was horrible.

I know about the issues and original concerns about his character. I'm just wondering about who supposedly was going to quit being a fan if they drafted a black player. Where did that come from? Maybe some dumb redneck here or there or some trolling alt on a message board...but I'm talking about reality

Posted

new panther fans calling out old panther fans?

please stop.

Posted

No fans were lost when Cam was drafted. Anyone that left was just homeless and loitering for a while.

Posted

I know a lot stopped posting after Delhomme's meltdown in the playoffs for whatever reason. Don't remember anyone who stopped after Cam was drafted...

Posted

Just because i got huddle account in 2012, dont mean i just became a fan,

Posted

We need to start a rule where if you don't know who certain old school players are you aren't allowed to be a fan. I.E. If you claim to be a Panther's fan but don't know who Mike Minter is GTFO

Posted

We need to start a rule where if you don't know who certain old school players are you aren't allowed to be a fan. I.E. If you claim to be a Panther's fan but don't know who Mike Minter is GTFO

or Butler By'not'e

Posted

Chad Cota