• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#46 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,390 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:35 AM

not buying it for 100% of the players out there.
what if someone wants to prove they can bring cam down by themselves? or if they don't like the idea of cam using them as a hurdle or a prop to show off what he can do? what if some guy is out to make a statement of some kind?

you don't know and you can't guarantee me that this isn't going to happen. this is an ego stroking event for all players and someone may get carried away. then ther's always the chance for accidents in the game. cam tries to dive and lands wrong on his leg and breaks it? or tries escaping form someone rushing in and tears his ACL and MCL? to much stuff that can happen when they are supposed to be taking it easy. it's one thing for that stuff to happen in practice, but in a pointless showboat event like this.meh, it's just unnecessary.

if they want it to be a vacation then let it be one.

#47 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,485 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:35 AM

let's get this straight, Cam is no secret.

actually he still is.....that is why guys at the Pro Bowl still can't get over his size. That is why jaws drop when he runs a WR route.

#48 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,485 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:37 AM

not buying it for 100% of the players out there.
what if someone wants to prove they can bring cam down by themselves? or if they don't like the idea of cam using them as a hurdle or a prop to show off what he can do? what if some guy is out to make a statement of some kind?

you don't know and you can't guarantee me that this isn't going to happen. this is an ego stroking event for all players and someone may get carried away. then ther's always the chance for accidents in the game. cam tries to dive and lands wrong on his leg and breaks it? or tries escaping form someone rushing in and tears his ACL and MCL? to much stuff that can happen when they are supposed to be taking it easy. it's one thing for that stuff to happen in practice, but in a pointless showboat event like this.meh, it's just unnecessary.

if they want it to be a vacation then let it be one.

If Cam goes out there to try to embarass someone going all out.....then yeah, we got concerns.

Injuries are injuries. Cam can just easily get hurt this offseason busting his ass in run/footwork drills.

But if they want to use Cam in gadget plays....let him run not go for a legit pass.

#49 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,390 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:46 AM

he doesn't have to 'try' to embarrass people to accomplish it.

yes, he can get himself hurt in offseason drills, but dos he have guys running at him trying to tackle him?

meh...i just don't like it and i'm not a fan of the pro-bowl anyway. the whole thing is ridiculous to me for a ton of reasons, but my opinion is very much in the minority and taken by some to mean an insult to the game and the players or something so i'm going to drop out of the discussion.

not worth the hassle anymore than it's worth the unnecessary risk to cam and other valuable players.

#50 savage

savage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:11 PM

What a bunch of crybabies in this thread!

#51 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,390 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:22 PM

crybabies for not wanting our QB to get hurt in a game that doesn't matter?

lol, get out of here.

#52 CaptaINCrunchKing

CaptaINCrunchKing

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:09 PM

I just want Cam to be throwing the ball instead of catching it.

#53 Munch4455

Munch4455

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:23 PM

Best Pro Bowl hit ever

Posted Image

Yeh, Sean Taylor was a beast. Had potential to go down as one of the best safties ever imo. RIP

#54 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,485 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:29 PM

more worried about Steve Smith getting hurt than Cam Newton.

Cam Newton is 22 yrs old and a genetic freak. A tank could try to run over Newton and odds are you might want to check on the tank after. Smith is older and to a degree injury prone. Smitty also only knows one speed.

#55 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,390 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:35 PM

yeah, i'm not thrilled about that either.

#56 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,831 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:36 PM

Sir Cameron Newton: Leader of Men, Lover of Puppies...Esquire? WTF is up with that headline?

#57 Grammer

Grammer

Troll. Ignore Me.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,371 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:38 PM

lol, get out of here.

Cam (and Steve) are big boys, they'll be fine...

Also just out of curiosity has there ever been a serious injury at the Pro Bowl?

#58 Cat'sGrowl

Cat'sGrowl

The Beast Lurks Once More

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,113 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:39 PM

There's so much pouting in this thread. Is there a skills competition this year?

#59 Crixtala

Crixtala

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts
  • LocationAsheville

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:46 PM

lol, get out of here.

yes, crybabies

this is a fun weekend for the athletes where they're being honored for having excellent seasons

the coaches have fun with it, the players do too... if they want to call something like this, they're going to and everybody crying about it is going to make no difference

get over it

#60 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,390 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:51 PM

:lol: you don't agree with someone's PoV so you start making fun of them and saying they are pouting and being a cry baby.

talk about a pathetic and weak ass approach to discussing things.
i'm done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com