Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cam's Speech At Under Armour Game

34 posts in this topic

Posted

Even if he is cocky, who the hell cares? Not like it's affecting the team. Deion Sanders was cocky. Would you not take him on your team?

Posted

I'm way more than twice as old, and as different from Cam as can be in just about every other metric. I am fairly successful at what I do, but, this guy inspires me! Watching him, listening to him, and looking at how he has handled adversity makes me want to achieve greater things in my life. It may sound corny, but it's true.

Cam has already proven he can be an elite NFL QB, if he isn't already. A little more experience and advice from a speech coach, and he probably could be in broadcasting when the time comes. And in my book, he already is an entertainer and an icon. I am a Charlotte native and have been an avid Panthers fan since day one. I swear when you count highlight reels and You Tube vids, etc., I've watched more Panthers football this year than in the last fifteen!

Posted

good for him, seriously. he gets it. we'll never know if this speech had any effect, but it's cool nevertheless.

Posted

:patriot:

Posted

Can't believe I ever wanted to draft someone else.

Posted

It was a great speech. I bet all the guys in there looked at Cam as a big brother who's telling them to get their head on straight. Yet he should emphasize that football isn't the most important thing in the world. That football can teach you many things, such as discipline, and not so much emphasis that football can get you money/cars/girls. Of course I'm not hating on Cam, he is a way better public speaker than I am. I probably would have stumbled on my words for 15 minutes.:D

Posted

people love judging others despite their mediocre lives and talents... if someone didn't like it, I think that says more about you than Cam...

Posted

a person like Cam will draw other good players to the panthers. The atmosphere that we had last year was light years ahead of those past Fox years. we are seeing the first steps of greatness.

Posted

I like it. The cockiness. The mentality that you can impose your will on the game. And the fact that he's telling people to not be scared to be great. the "Don't Hold back" Mentality. I love it.

Posted

Doean't strike me as cocky.