Photo
- - - - -

The American military is really good at killing women and children

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
103 replies to this topic

#31 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,484 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 11:39 AM

saddam's 24 years in iraq: 1,500,000 killed
5 years of this war: 1,300,000 killed

And yet obama doesn't care enough to pull the troops out any quicker than W. :devil:

#32 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,260 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 11:41 AM

not until we pull ahead of saddam.

#33 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,484 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 11:47 AM

Usa! Usa! Usa! Usa!

#34 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 11:48 AM

Only 200K left, shouldn't be too hard. Maybe we can get some kind of quota system going.

#35 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,327 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 11:50 AM

Goaaaallllll

#36 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,881 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 12:01 PM

Most of it is due to bad intel.

#37 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,773 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 12:27 PM

should we have used AMD?

#38 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 01:31 PM

should we have used AMD?

http://www.pacdudegames.com/fail/

#39 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 22,000 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 06:55 PM

Until a pill is created to truly eliminate fat and the hangover at the SAME time, innocents will be killed.

fiz, I will pay your tution in law school if you can find me hard evidence we intentionally targeted civilans for blood lust.

And no one is obsessed with your life. Replace song with thread(s)
In fact this commerical break is brought to you by...

#40 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 07:47 PM

Kuuuuuuuuuurt Cobain
They'll probably make the next one without you, Kurt Cobain

#41 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,063 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 08:25 PM

fiz, I will pay your tution in law school if you can find me hard evidence we intentionally targeted civilans for blood lust.

oh wow I've never said that at all.

#42 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 22,000 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 08:42 PM

oh wow I've never said that at all.

good because I would have come up a little short :dupe:

#43 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,063 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 08:56 PM

although to be quite honest it's very difficult to look at actions taken against iraq post desert storm and see them as anything other than attempts to make the lives of the population miserable. things like not allowing chlorine into the country under the guise that the regime would use it to make chemical weapons has been pretty much proven to be nothing but attempts to keep them from building water purification plants, for example. I can write a longer post about it later.

I mean hell Naomi Klein goes to great lengths describing how Shock and Awe was primarily targeted at the civilian population in her book Shock Doctrine.

#44 engine9

engine9

shoota muhfukkaina minute

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:38 PM

I think it could be another symptom of American culture. Like it or not, we're a lazy country. All the boots on the ground are pretty much the playstation generation. They were recruited. I guess that a large part of them, maybe not even the majority but a lot, joined the military because they got to the end of high school and were like WTF? What am I going to do now that the real world is here and I have no frickin idea what to do besides browse the internet, play sports and video games. I'm not intentionally trying to berate and degrade our military, I'm just just saying you have to take a pretty deep look at who these guys are. I know that war is poo. I know for SURE that we have waged MUCH more careless wars than this. When we DID though, there was a lot of major crap on the line. Every war we've tried our hand at that really wasn't righteous, we've laid a big egg at. Military training and mindset be damned, you can't tell me that all those Iraqi soldiers don't realize by now that the whole Iraq thing was total BS.

Anyway, I guess I'm trying to say let's not be shocked when a bunch of people who grew up with no responsibility are suddenly given life-and-death responsibility for a country full of people that pretty much no one sincerely gives a shart about get careless and reckless to the point of abomination when reckless and careless is all they've ever known. Hell no it's not right, but expected? I say probably.

Edited by engine9, 17 April 2009 - 08:24 AM.

#45 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,773 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:47 PM

I think that the nature of war and the (lets face it) kids that are sent to fight it always degenerates into something other than noble by default.

Boredom mixed with terror, hatred of people that killed/maimed your best friend, homesickness and culture shock all affect these people. Add in extended tours, the realization that the reasons we went were by and large crap, and people will break. Rules are for others, not the people in the trenches everyday who are forced to fight people with seemingly no rules themselves. All wars are like this, but at least the guys fighting WWII knew there was a real end game, and that the people they were fighting were a direct threat to their own families.

After a while it must be easy to convince yourself how people have it coming, how thats just how war goes....and of course these are the thought patterns that turn into problems for our soldiers when they get back to "real life". I'll remind everyone again that we are going to see the direct effects of this ill advised war for decades to come in our hospitals and on our streets.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com