Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Convince me...

36 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I've never really been an Obama fan... from day one he's seemed like a typical politician, over hyped, condescending, and a bit phony... ok, a lot phony. I'm a pretty open minded guy however, and I don't think he's done nearly as bad of a job as most of his critics claim... he's been a lot tougher in utilizing the military than I thought he would be. His assassination of Bin Laden and the rescue of those kidnapped people are good examples of this... and in a lot of ways, he pretty much continued with that debacle in the middle east that Bush started.

I also don't think he's been the savior that his pundits claim he is either, and all the race baiting, "if you criticize him you're racist" crap gets real old... but in all honesty no older than the "he's a muslim, he's not a real american" stuff that amazingly I still hear from people that I know that I swear I would've thought would know better...

As far as other issues, the president always gets more credit than he's due for good things and more blame than he's due for bad things... it's generally the congress that screws everything up.

So.... Obama supporters and Obama detractors... consider me on the fence. The republican candidates don't inspire any confidence at all... no independent candidate will do anything as usual...

Why should I/should I not vote for the incumbent President? I don't want some BS answers just cause you *think* he is/is not the right guy for the job... give me something concrete.

Posted · Report post

you should vote for obama because romney is an even bigger tool

Posted · Report post

you should vote for obama because romney is an even bigger tool

Well, in general the presidential vote has been between "Dickhead A" and "Dickhead B" so what else you got?

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Besides the good and bad things attributed to a President, leadership is key in moving forward. This is where I think is biggest shortcomings lie. His background or lack thereof left him woefully inadequate to bring together competing factions, if he even had the desire. I feel like division works in his favor so he might not even be interested in leading.

This is the biggest area of concern for me.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

What is more important to you...social issues or the economy. Me? Social issues. Money can always be made.

Posted · Report post

You shouldnt vote for Obama because he represents the corrupt and destructive status-quo...but then again, so do all the republican candidates with the exception of Paul. So it basically comes down to if youre going to vote for Paul or not if he even makes it that far, which at this point seems more plausible if he decides to run under a 3rd party. If Paul is no longer a factor, then no matter who you vote for youre going to get the same thing...at that point i personally just wouldnt vote at all.

Posted · Report post

What is more important to you...social issues or the economy. Me? Social issues. Money can always be made.

Social issues? Like NDAA? Yea thats some real liberating stuff right there haha.

Posted · Report post

Social issues? Like NDAA? Yea thats some real liberating stuff right there haha.

NDAA = a vote for Obama

Comet Elin = a vote for Ron Paul

Posted · Report post

NDAA = a vote for Obama

Comet Elin = a vote for Ron Paul

You think NDAA is a good thing? And i don't understand the comet elenin point youre trying to make...

Posted · Report post

I've never really been an Obama fan... from day one he's seemed like a typical politician, over hyped, condescending, and a bit phony... ok, a lot phony. I'm a pretty open minded guy however, and I don't think he's done nearly as bad of a job as most of his critics claim... he's been a lot tougher in utilizing the military than I thought he would be. His assassination of Bin Laden and the rescue of those kidnapped people are good examples of this... and in a lot of ways, he pretty much continued with that debacle in the middle east that Bush started.

I also don't think he's been the savior that his pundits claim he is either, and all the race baiting, "if you criticize him you're racist" crap gets real old... but in all honesty no older than the "he's a muslim, he's not a real american" stuff that amazingly I still hear from people that I know that I swear I would've thought would know better...

As far as other issues, the president always gets more credit than he's due for good things and more blame than he's due for bad things... it's generally the congress that screws everything up.

So.... Obama supporters and Obama detractors... consider me on the fence. The republican candidates don't inspire any confidence at all... no independent candidate will do anything as usual...

Why should I/should I not vote for the incumbent President? I don't want some BS answers just cause you *think* he is/is not the right guy for the job... give me something concrete.

Fwiw, I don't think Obama has been all that bad. I do think people expect to much from presidents, and those saying he would bring us together were clueless about our political system. And political positions/philosophy don't mean as much to me as they do to some. I generally would like to see less government in our lives, but not the the extent the Paul supporters (or even the Gingrich supporters) want. Most important to me is that the government spend what it takes in, whether thats high or low. High spending and high taxes are not good, but high spending and low taxes is even worse.

The democrats might get (barely) control of the house again, but republicans will regain control of the Senate and will get the House back in two years. And Obama will see more years of obstructionism from republicans. I doubt he accomplishes anything. He will have two things as his legacy; getting Osama and the health care program (and it will take a while to see if thats a good thing or a bad thing). I think Romney would be a more effective leader who could actually coax something out of congress. He was a effective governor in a blue state.

Posted · Report post

there are people posting photos of the benefits of Obamacare and the taxes that are to fund that plan, umm, haven't been applied yet.

He is a classic politican. Goes after low lying fruit and has rabbit ears.

I wish he was more innovative like Clinton.

Personally I don't think he has really cut a dif path than most pres but it doesn't matter.

Posted · Report post

Flip a coin. Sorry to say, there is no relief in sight.