Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Civil War

43 posts in this topic

Posted

They try and take away our guns then yes, that would be as close to a civil war as you could get.

Posted

What I meant by catastrophic event was a nuclear attack on a few cities, a major enviromental disaster that effects our ability to produce food, or something along that line.

Posted

What I meant by catastrophic event was a nuclear attack on a few cities, a major enviromental disaster that effects our ability to produce food, or something along that line.

Another catastrophic event is Obama and the Dems letting their guard down to the "terrorists" that hate us.

Posted

Another catastrophic event is Obama and the Dems letting their guard down to the "terrorists" that hate us.

9-11 was not a catastrophic event that would cause a Civil War, and neither would another attack be along similar lines. Now if Al Qaeda were to take out DC and New York with nukes, I could see a civil war being fought perhaps, although I think the military would quickly establish enough control to prevent it.

Posted

You don't think an attack of that size would have the opposite effect and unite our country?

Posted

What if one of the right wing nut job groups were somehow able to get to Obama? I could see a hard-to-heal fracture developing in that scenario. Reaction. Reaction to reaction. Reaction to reaction to reaction. Etc.

The main thing preventing a civil war is geography, really. You have pockets of liberal values here and there, but very few joined together in one place. Even California has very conservative areas.

Posted

Hmmm what about a huddle civil war...we all duke it out then the victor can give wedgies to Epi and Jase

Posted

Hmmm what about a huddle civil war...we all duke it out then the victor can give wedgies to Epi and Jase

Or...the Huddle women flash the winners.

Posted

You don't think an attack of that size would have the opposite effect and unite our country?

Hard to say. With the Federal government mostly wiped out, much of the authority would fall back to the individual state goverments and to military regional commanders. At first, there would be a drive to get the bad guys, but after a few months, who knows what might happen.

Posted

Count me in.

Posted

rawr

Posted

What if one of the right wing nuts were somehow able to get to Obama?

Take it easy, Sirhan Sirhan.