Photo
- - - - -

what went wrong with the panthers run defense?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,648 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:20 PM

You also have to take into account on the right side there were 2 players with an avg of an 1/2 year under there belt. Most DEs that are not drafted high developed much later then there second year. Top that off with compensating for the DT and bad things happen. Also Anderson who is a vet was not closing fast enough so that a huge problem as well. \

Its kinda funny, I remember when people were say Mario Williams was a bust after his First year. Now he is seen as one of the better LB/DEs.

#32 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:05 PM

Hardy was a huge liabilty against the run and both are safeties were ranked among the worst in missed tackles last year. We need to find a replacement for Hardy and Martin this offseason. Linebacker is also becoming a possible need with Connor being a free agent and our depth at linebacker proved to be not nearly as good as I thought it was last year. I hope Davis and Beason both come back as good as ever but we'll need some sort of insurance behind them, especially Davis.

With a full offseason and mini camps back hopefully we can see some improvement out of both Fua and Mcclain. Then Edwards who is hopefully back healthy and at least a solid starter would be nice so we can focus on other needs in the first.

I'f/when we add an upgrade the # 2 corner that should also help on the outside run support in addition to providng better cover skills.

After thinking about our defense I can no longer justify us taking any offensive player in the first other than Kalil or Blackmon if they fall. CB,DE,FS,LB/DT, in that order are needs of importance this offseason for our defense imo.

#33 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,154 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:44 PM

this just really means that both DT and LDE were a problem. given a disproportionate amount of runs go up the middle, where the DTs are, it's still a huge liability, and as bad as Hardy and Anderson were defending runs to the right, it didn't convince teams to run there a lot more than a team usually would.

the front seven needs to be addressed in both top 2 picks

#34 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,698 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:00 PM

Keiser and Applewhite are nothing more than DPR's.

#35 Fan4life

Fan4life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:10 AM

Big fat ass in the middle. Strong as 4 horses.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com