Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The new Geico Commercial

47 posts in this topic

Posted

Lets just get a bunch of Panther cubs and let them wander around the stadium and watch them grow up with our young team.

1 person likes this

Posted

We couldn't have a better mascot to represent the franchise. The panther(jaguar) is a fierce animal and they are absolutely tenacious and mean. I used to volunteer at a big cat sanctuary where they had numerous tigers and lions. But the one that scared me the most was the panther. Their growl is so deep and loud in person it's just crazy.

And they do that growl with every touchdown. And first down. And completed pass. And....

Posted

actually after rethinking it.

Panthers > Leopards

Actually Panthers are all the spotted and stripped cats. They are the cats with whose dark pigments took over the other shades.

If you look real close at some. You can see what type of cats they should have been.

Posted

Very cool!!

Posted

Not in the same genus category as the Panther, Jaguar, Lion, Tiger, etc... :D

<<< not a genus

Posted

<<< not a genus

This is understood. :D

Posted

And most certainly not a cat genus

Posted

A black panther can be a black jaguar, leopard, or cougar.

So we have no true definition or defining character trait, then?

Posted

So we have no true definition or defining character trait, then?

Sure we do: we're an over-tanned motley crew of big cats.

Posted

True story: the jaguar (and therefore the "panther") has pound-for-pound the most powerful bite of all the big cats. It's bite is as powerful as a tiger while giving up quite a bit of size to a tiger. Unlike other big cats, they kill their prey by crushing their skulls.

Posted

True story: the jaguar (and therefore the "panther") has pound-for-pound the most powerful bite of all the big cats. It's bite is as powerful as a tiger while giving up quite a bit of size to a tiger. Unlike other big cats, they kill their prey by crushing their skulls.

Maybe we should have been called "The Carolina Skull Crushers" I think it has a nice family friendly ring to it.

Posted

I remember in a documentary once on "Big Cats" (Animal Planet) they said that the Panther is the only big cat that prefers to attack its prey by getting its jaws around the head and crushing the skull. It prefers to kill instantly instead of lethally wounding or immobilizing its prey and letting it bleed out.

I thought that was cool.