Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rodgers says NFC players "embarrassed themselves"

65 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='beastson']Why did they get rid of the skills challenge. Thats like NBA getting rid of the dunk contest or home run derby

Who's fuging dumb ass idea was that. They need to bring that back. Done sucked all the life force outta the NFL[/QUOTE]

I'll agree with you on this one. The QB Challenge was one of the best things ever.

Posted · Report post

The really dangerous thing about the pro-bowl is the inconsistent level of effort. The AFC defense decides to go all-out while the NFC offensive line is still shadow blocking and that means Cam is running for his life. In a couple of those situations, Cam should have just drop-kicked the ball.

Posted · Report post

They shouldn't have played the game with no more effort than was put into it. :nonod:

Posted · Report post

[quote name='CatMan72']The really dangerous thing about the pro-bowl is the inconsistent level of effort. The AFC defense decides to go all-out while the NFC offensive line is still shadow blocking and that means Cam is running for his life. In a couple of those situations, Cam should have just drop-kicked the ball.[/QUOTE]i was voicing this quite a bit before the game and i got told i was TRDing the pro-bowl.

i just don't like it for a lot of reasons.

it's a meaningless game that most people don't take seriously and isn't fun to watch.

do i want panther players to get recognized for their talents? sure. i just don't want them to be put at unnecessary risk in a game situation and setting like this. too risky for a franchise QB. people supposed to be taking it easy (which makes for a really boring game) but then someone wants to make a statement and takes it seriously for a down or two. that's a great way to get someone hurt b/c people aren't prepared for it.

from a "protecting your investment" PoV, no one will ever convince me that it's a good idea for players on the team i cheer for to go to the pro-bowl.

Posted · Report post

I really enjoyed the game this year. Even with Cam's struggles, it was a blast watching that Kalil-Cam-Smitty TD pass. Would like to see it moved to the week after the Super Bowl still, but I'm glad it's back in Honolulu where it belongs.

Posted · Report post

[QUOTE]Antonio Smith on Cam Newton: "If you run, don't fall down. Take that hit. Superman don't fall down."[/QUOTE]
[url]https://twitter.com/#!/ArtGarcia92/statuses/148522601139015681[/url]
The guy who pretty much threw Cam on the ground obviously still mad about how we made the Texans defense look like a pee wee football team. What an ass, it's the fucking probowl numbnuts.

Posted · Report post

yeah, cam was safe out there. no one was trying to make a statement or anything.

:rolleyes:

Posted · Report post

[quote name='rayzor']yeah, cam was safe out there. no one was trying to make a statement or anything.

:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Funny how he brings up the 'superman' thing, he mad bro.

Posted · Report post

does Antonio Smith have twitter? please tell me he is a regular on twitter...

Posted · Report post

[quote name='bleys']does Antonio Smith have twitter? please tell me he is a regular on twitter...[/QUOTE]

[url]https://twitter.com/#!/antoniosmith94[/url]
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='jtgreensboro'][url]https://twitter.com/#!/antoniosmith94[/url][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwznyiikJ81qdkyqio2_400.jpg[/IMG]

Posted · Report post

I was embarrased.