64 replies to this topic

#31 XLR8

XLR8

Flag that Swag

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:34 PM

So if Rodgers doesn't like how they handle the Pro Bowl then why don't you go to the Superbowl? Oh wait.

#32 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:43 PM

I HATE that they got rid of the skills challenges.

Yup... they should scrap the game & just have skill challenges. If the NFC wins more events they win the pro bowl & vice versa.

#33 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:30 PM

Instead of $50K to the winners and $25K to the losers, the pro bowl should be $100K to the winners, and the losers get nothing. Plus the NFL should start some sort of punishment to the guys that dodge it without injury. Or just make it a celebrity flag football game like the old rock and jock football games.

What? Punishing players for not wanting to play in a meaningless game that does nothing for them or their team is retarded

#34 PantherBoy95

PantherBoy95

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:04 PM

Heck yeah I miss the skills challenges. The Fastest Man, Best Hands, Strongest man even the obstacle course thing they were all entertaining. I even enjoyed the Pro Bowl in the first half even if it was only a practice level intensity...I HATED how they came after Cam though, I left the night frustrated.

#35 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,831 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:09 PM

They should make it where winners get 100k and losers get zero.

#36 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:13 PM

Yeah, A-Rod played his heart out with all those blitzes he saw when he was on the field. What a tool.

#37 ed bell

ed bell

Ruthless

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:21 PM

Yup... they should scrap the game & just have skill challenges. If the NFC wins more events they win the pro bowl & vice versa.

Stuff like catching footballs out of a hot-air balloon from different heights?...didn't this guy do that at some point? I think I remember him saying "If you can touch it, you can catch it."

Posted Image

#38 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,449 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:49 PM

What? Punishing players for not wanting to play in a meaningless game that does nothing for them or their team is retarded

Wow...I'm in agreement with you.:rofl:

Anyway, can you imagine the insurance going forward for guys playing in the Pro-Bowl if they implement such a thing?

IMO, the only players who should suffer any injuries playing in a post season game are those players who made the SB. Much different ball game.

#39 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,449 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:52 PM

They should make it where winners get 100k and losers get zero.

Most of those guys will simply take the honor and run. Who is going to risk off season injuries or even worst, career ending injuries, playing in a post season event that isn't giving their team a championship?

#40 Cat'sGrowl

Cat'sGrowl

The Beast Lurks Once More

• HUDDLER
  • 7,113 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:54 PM

Does anyone have a pic of Smitty doing the Supercam pose after his TD? Hilarious.

#41 antame

antame

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:08 AM

This year's Pro Bowl was better than it ever was before. People are actually talking about it, which suggests people watched it or at least some of it. Move it back to a week after the SB and no one has any opinion at all.

#42 Riverboat Ron

Riverboat Ron

The Gambler

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:42 AM

How about the winner gets to stay in Hawaii, loser goes to Detroit?

#43 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,719 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:45 AM

This year's Pro Bowl was better than it ever was before. People are actually talking about it, which suggests people watched it or at least some of it. Move it back to a week after the SB and no one has any opinion at all.

Most people will make smart remarks about how they didn't watch the Pro Bowl or whatever, but we all know they did. I'm sure 9 out of 10 people on here who said they didn't watch the game most definitely watched.

People do watch the Pro Bowl, that's why it is on NBC and not the NFL Network.

#44 SgtJoo

SgtJoo

Reppin that Bull City

• HUDDLER
  • 3,618 posts
  • LocationDurham, NC

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:52 AM

Most people will make smart remarks about how they didn't watch the Pro Bowl or whatever, but we all know they did. I'm sure 9 out of 10 people on here who said they didn't watch the game most definitely watched.

People do watch the Pro Bowl, that's why it is on NBC and not the NFL Network.

I watched it. I didn't enjoy it.

#45 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,719 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:15 AM

I watched it. I didn't enjoy it.

I didn't either, but I'll continue to watch. Especially if some of our guys play.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com