#61 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,250 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 06:10 PM

I was embarrased.

as you should be, have you read anything you write on here?

#62 I am Hubby

I am Hubby

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:42 PM

What? Punishing players for not wanting to play in a meaningless game that does nothing for them or their team is retarded

What would Socrates have to say about this statement?

The Pro Bowl used to be an honor. Players that respect the game still think it is. Whether or not you agree with the game, it is going to be played.

You can complain and ridicule. You may harp and moan. But you cannot stop the game. There should always be enough players willing to show their respect and honor, for the game to remain a reward for a year well played.

For me it is a game to see something unique happen. There are always plenty of those "Did I just see that" plays. You are short changing the game, and by extension, yourself, by wanting the game to be more meaningful. Players go to show off if possible, and to rub a dub with elite athletes and famous types.

One last thing and I am done. When the game was originated, players could not afford Hawaii on their own. So it meant more, and they appreciated the game and honor. The honor meant more back in the day. Not sure if that is a good or a bad thing.

Short story long, GOOOOOO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

#63 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:27 AM

What would Socrates have to say about this statement?

The Pro Bowl used to be an honor. Players that respect the game still think it is. Whether or not you agree with the game, it is going to be played.

You can complain and ridicule. You may harp and moan. But you cannot stop the game. There should always be enough players willing to show their respect and honor, for the game to remain a reward for a year well played.

For me it is a game to see something unique happen. There are always plenty of those "Did I just see that" plays. You are short changing the game, and by extension, yourself, by wanting the game to be more meaningful. Players go to show off if possible, and to rub a dub with elite athletes and famous types.

One last thing and I am done. When the game was originated, players could not afford Hawaii on their own. So it meant more, and they appreciated the game and honor. The honor meant more back in the day. Not sure if that is a good or a bad thing.

Short story long, GOOOOOO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Where exactly did I complain, ridicule, or short change the game and where did I say I want it to be more meaningful? Your comment makes 0 sense in response to what I said.

Edited by chef17, 04 February 2012 - 12:30 AM.

#64 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:30 AM

Double post

#65 philw5289

philw5289

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 02:42 PM

rogers makes it a total of 1 person who cares about the pro bowl

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.