#1 Car123

Car123

Newton's Law

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:48 PM

Panther uniforms won't change in 2012
Now that the Panthers' new logo has been revealed (see picture below if you've somehow missed that news), what about the team's uniforms?

If you’re a traditionalist, you’ll be happy with the answer to that question. If you’re wanting something wild and different from a team that hasn’t really altered its uniforms since it began play in 1995, you won’t.

“I don’t anticipate any changes at all in the uniforms,” Charlie Dayton, the Panthers’ team spokesman, told me Tuesday.

The logo will be incorporated into the helmets and jerseys, of course. But that’s about all.

I asked Dayton a few other questions about the logo, most of which came directly from some interesting fan comments on this blog. The questions were things like:

1) Will the Panthers' new logo be placed at midfield, where the NFL shield has always been? (The Panther logo is on the field, but not at the 50).

2) What will the end zones look like? (I would expect the new typeface to be incorporated).

3) When will the huge Panther logos atop Bank of America Stadium be switched out?

Dayton said he did not have the answers to those questions yet, that they were all to be determined. Remember, the team didn't expect to be releasing the logo at all this week until a post on Nike's Football Facebook page forced their hand, so stay tuned on all of that. There are a lot of meetings coming at Bank of America Stadium before all those decisions get made.

Posted Image

#2 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,468 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:50 PM

http://www.carolinah...t-season-3.html

http://www.carolinah...e-meltdown.html

#3 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,039 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:02 PM

Notice how he says no changes are "anticipated"... sounds like he's leaving the door open.

#4 Pinstriped_Panthers

Pinstriped_Panthers

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:10 PM

Notice how he says no changes are "anticipated"... sounds like he's leaving the door open.

I hope so man. I'm going to be pissed if the Panthers march out with the same uniforms on but just a different logo then decide to change their uniforms a year later.

#5 DoubleTrouble34

DoubleTrouble34

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,775 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:28 PM

I'll be sad if we don't get new jerseys

#6 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,644 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:42 AM

Would make absolutely no sense to update the uniforms to match the logo. So therefore I do anticipate some changes.

#7 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,380 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:56 AM

It doesn't make much sense to change the logo and not the jersey's too. So I see a few minor tweaks being made to the jersey. Nothing major though, something similar to the logo change.

#8 Riverboat Ron

Riverboat Ron

The Gambler

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,106 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:58 AM

Smokescreen. This basically confirms all black unis.

#9 Miguel O'Hara

Miguel O'Hara

RISE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:29 AM

Considering Nike is now doing the uniforms, no way they keep the same style that Reebok used. There will be some alterations. It might not be radically different but there will some noticeable changes.

#10 -13 Amp-

-13 Amp-

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • LocationShelby, NC

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:35 AM

Considering Nike is now doing the uniforms, no way they keep the same style that Reebok used. There will be some alterations. It might not be radically different but there will some noticeable changes.

You do know Nike used to make our jerseys in the 90's right...Same jersey style for all these years

#11 Pinstriped_Panthers

Pinstriped_Panthers

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:41 AM

The Panthers twitter and facebook reported earlier that there are no anticipated changes to the uniform next year. Pretty much the same quote as Charlie Dayton said yesterday. Interesting that the Twitter icon is now a silver helmet - so that ends the black helmet discussion.

#12 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,585 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:42 AM

using that logic, all 32 teams will be sporting new jerseys designs.

#13 Racist Cat Lady

Racist Cat Lady

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:54 AM

Maybe since they were rushed to release the new logo early, they are trying to keep a uniform change a suprise.... One can hope.

#14 -13 Amp-

-13 Amp-

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • LocationShelby, NC

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:17 PM

http://www.ebay.com/...=item19cbb57943

there, you can buy a Nike Panthers jersey

#15 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,380 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:44 PM

I know that most outlets are saying the blue hasn't changed, but it looks different from the blue that was being used. I even seen a report saying that the blue was darker. If that;s the case and it is darker, the Uni's definitely have to change.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com