Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Niner National

How will you vote on the gay marriage amendment?

Was OJ Simpson's murder trial a trial of all black men in America   18 members have voted

1. 1. Was OJ Simpson's murder trial a trial of all black men in America

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

212 posts in this topic

I think a lot of it is just ignorance.

My uncle is a pastor in West Virginia. I heard him say last time I saw him that they'd have to throw him in jail before he marries a gay couple. He literally thinks if they legalize it he'll be flooded with gays getting married and that he'll be in legal trouble if he refuses to do it.

IMO, the legislature is just punting because its not something they want to deal with one way or the other.

I hope if it passes all gay men find their nearest local church and bang each other during the benediction.

I hope it's Kitten Divers church

1 person likes this

Even if it does pass, it will only be a matter of time before the US supreme court makes all these amendments unconstitutional. Hopefully when that happens NC will still be a bright spot in a sea of injustice, considering it is the only southern state that doesn't have this amendment, or a harsher one, already.

You would think that after all the states that allow it have been doing it for a while, all these straight folks marriage sanctity would have run out by now.

How is someone a bigot because they believe a word means something.

If you expounded the question to, do you believe homosexuals should have the right to power of attorneys to their sig other, or should they have civil union contracts that provide marriage-esque benefits, etc...you'd see widespread support.

Asking people to redefine what marriage is...is shoving something down their throat they aren't going to take lightly, especially when juxtaposed against their religous beliefs. Making the comparison to interracial marriages (despite the Kentucky ignorance case) doesn't fly for the religous argument.

As far as I can tell this amendment would also ban civil unions

Section 6:

Marriage between one man and one woman is the only domestic legal union that shall be valid or recognized in this State. This section does not prohibit a private party from entering into contracts with another private party; nor does this section prohibit courts from adjudicating the rights of private parties pursuant to such contracts.

Even though Gaga sings "born that way", there are other views.

Climate change? Oh that's just bad science, they're wrong.

Gays born that way? I'm going to need some scientific evidence.

Even if it does pass, it will only be a matter of time before the US supreme court makes all these amendments unconstitutional. Hopefully when that happens NC will still be a bright spot in a sea of injustice, considering it is the only southern state that doesn't have this amendment, or a harsher one, already.

I am not sure the Supreme Court would feel it had jurisdiction in the matter. But the SC might eventually have to decide whether or not a state would have to recognize a gay marriage conducted in another state.

I hope it's Kitten Divers church

It's synagogue broseph.

I hope if it passes all gay men find their nearest local church and bang each other during the benediction.

Bible beaters hate the sin itself. So why be sexist about it? Get a few lesbians up there for some scissorin...

Then I hope it's on the seder table?

Then I hope it's on the seder table?

Yes I like a little sprinkling of butt juice on my Karpas.;)