Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How will you vote on the gay marriage amendment?

Was OJ Simpson's murder trial a trial of all black men in America   20 votes

1. 1. Was OJ Simpson's murder trial a trial of all black men in America

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

213 posts in this topic

Posted

My first marriage should have been called a uncivil union. :)

Posted

I would be perfectly fine with the gov calling my marriage a civil union, or anything else they want to call it, I don't give a fug what the government calls it, because my marriage is not dependent on weather the government sanctions it or not.

Ok, but can you see how being told you *can't* call your marriage a marriage might seem unfair? Especially if other people are being allowed to?

Posted

It's not about the word marriage. This isn't an argument over semantics and language, it's about a broad spectrum of legal rights. Civil unions and marriages are not the same thing and don't carry the same implications.

If you could absolutely guarantee full and complete equality between civil unions and marriages that's one thing, but you can't. So pretending it's simply about the word "marriage" for some arbitrary reason is simply not a valid argument.

Posted

If you believe civil unions would be an appropriate solution to this problem (which I don't) you should vote against amendment 1 since it will also make that unconstitutional.

Posted

If they say it's ok and legal I might start having to suck dicks...

Posted

Target on my back:

I didn't ask for it to be on a ballot - but since it is - I will vote for the amendment. I do not support anything that has the appearance of "homosexual relations are normal". One poster made a good point - give an inch, they take a mile. Whats next? "Homosexual history month" in schools.

I'll make no apologies - not referring to religion or morality. I don't like it and if asked by my state government - will express my personal beliefs by voting to ban it.

Everyone has their own beliefs and standards - calling someone a bigot simply because their opinion differs from yours is like the pot calling the kettle black.

1 person likes this

Posted

Target on my back:

I didn't ask for it to be on a ballot - but since it is - I will vote for the amendment. I do not support anything that has the appearance of "homosexual relations are normal". One poster made a good point - give an inch, they take a mile. Whats next? "Homosexual history month" in schools.

I'll make no apologies - not referring to religion or morality. I don't like it and if asked by my state government - will express my personal beliefs by voting to ban it.

Everyone has their own beliefs and standards - calling someone a bigot simply because their opinion differs from yours is like the pot calling the kettle black.

You should look up the definition of the word bigot, because you very blatantly don't know what it means.

You have a bigoted opinion toward gay people. You just said it. Demanding to not be called a bigot over your bigoted views is just not going to happen, sorry.

What you just said amount to "I don't like black people. But calling me racist is the pot calling the kettle black." Makes no fuging sense.

If you're going to be a bigot, be a bigot. You can't have it both ways.

1 person likes this

Posted

Riiiiiight. Why don't you look at what you would be losing if you were in a civil union vs marriage. It's not all about saying "I'm married". It's about legal rights and medical decisions and money.

since none of that was part of the question I was answering, not sure what your point is.

Posted

Gay people aren't asking for 40 acres and a mule they just want to have equal rights...you mouth breathers. When the hell have conservatives ever championed civil rights? Never. You are on the wrong side. Be ok with that...and in 30 years when youre fudging dead I hope all your children realize what backwards thinking idiots you are and ashamed of you. They will be by the way. Just a heads up.

1 person likes this

Posted

Go Panthers!

Posted

Is mouth breather a personal attack, or a reference to those that cannot fellate?

Posted

Can it be both?