Photo
- - - - -

Does gun control really work?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
92 replies to this topic

#1 Sheldon Wolowizard

Sheldon Wolowizard

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:53 PM

In light of all the news about guns and bullets flying off the shelves, will a ban on certain guns, like assault rifles or all guns, really work?

I for one believe that it is virtually useless and the only thing that's really happening is the limiting of law abiding citizens to protect themselves. Some will say that kids can get a hold of them and can go gun down however many people that they want to, like columbine. Or they someone can get depressed and go shoot up an immigration center. Or officers can be gunned down by felons. I don't take away that such events are horrible and measures should be taken to prevent such occurances.

However, after watching what has happened in England since they banned guns and crime has risen dramatically, I'm forced to wonder if removing so much gun control isn't the answer. However with the lessening of restrictions, an increase in the background checks and requirements of those requesting firearms to insure that those that buy them are competent and sane enough to actually own a firearm.

Personally, I find absolutely nothing wrong with being well armed and in fact I feel safer knowing that I am surrounded by people who refuse to be victims. One of the fastest growing crimes where I live is storm robberies. 3 or 4 people storm kick down a door and storm the house. I would feel much safer with an assault rifle with a 50 round clip than with my hands up pleading for my life.

If guns are taken away, what's next, knives? Guns are just a tool to accomplish a task. It's all about who is owns them and what their intentions are. Self defense, arm yourself all you want to and you should have every right to do so. That's just my take on all of it.

Edited by CarolinaPwns, 16 April 2009 - 09:58 PM.

#2 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,932 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:56 PM

your post is written in the present tense as if there's a ban on guns. i don't understand.

#3 Sheldon Wolowizard

Sheldon Wolowizard

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:59 PM

my bad, I editted it a few times before I posted and missed that

#4 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 10:02 PM

It wouldn't work, it would do just like you said.

Which is make it to where only the criminals have the guns.

If someone is breaking into your house, they aren't likely doing so to try and be pals. I love the law where I live and if someone wants to try and help themselves to my stuff, Ill help them exit this world.

#5 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,932 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 10:07 PM

lol just making sure.

i'm personally opposed to guns. they increase the danger to every household they are in. people with guns in their home are more likely to be killed by guns, and more likely to commit suicide.

however, like most liberals opposed to guns, i don't feel they should be banned. i feel that it should be a personal decision, just like drugs.

i think they should be treated much in the way that cars are. people should take tests on proper use and safety. they are at least as much of a responsibility as driving.

the current administration has made no moves towards banning guns, and i find it very unlikely that they do much at all in the way of gun control. the current run on buying up ammo and guns is just the result of silly propaganda that is disseminated every time a democrat is elected.

#6 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,057 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 10:10 PM

no

#7 engine9

engine9

shoota muhfukkaina minute

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 10:19 PM

i think they should be treated much in the way that cars are. people should take tests on proper use and safety. they are at least as much of a responsibility as driving.

As a person who has owned a gun since he was 5 years old, I agree with you 100%

#8 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,057 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 10:24 PM

if the democratic party stopped advocating senseless gun laws they'd never lose another election and could actually pursue affective social policy that would do more than telling people how many mods they can put on their guns will ever

#9 engine9

engine9

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 10:32 PM

if the democratic party stopped advocating senseless gun laws they'd never lose another election and could actually pursue affective social policy that would do more than telling people how many mods they can put on their guns will ever

u r wise. See Newt Gingrich's sweep for those who think otherwise. If the Dem party remade itself as pro-gun we'd pretty much turn into even more of a one-party country than we already are.

...and lets face it, if there are more guns then really...so what? poo happens people die. The population of the world is increasing so fast that resources just aren't going to be able to keep up. If guns increase deaths then by all means lets frown on it and stuff but as far as the greater good is concerned then the human condition will actually benefit.

#10 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 10:34 PM

u r wise. See Newt Gingrich's sweep for those who think otherwise. If the Dem party remade itself as pro-gun we'd pretty much turn into even more of a one-party country than we already are.

...and lets face it, if there are more guns then really...so what? poo happens people die. The population of the world is increasing so fast that resources just aren't going to be able to keep up. If guns increase deaths then by all means lets frown on it and stuff but as far as the greater good is concerned then the human condition will actually benefit.

Posted Image

#11 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,057 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 10:38 PM

not necessarily at all. all they have to do is address gun control through better education programs and sensible drug laws.

if you take away the need for violence there probably would be less violence.

i mean hell brian schweitzer described gun control as "my trigger finger" and he's a rising star in the party and will probably run for president in 2016 and possibly VP if Biden steps down 2012, which there's are many rumors of. tons of democratic areas in the middle of the country are very pro gun.

#12 engine9

engine9

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 10:43 PM

all they have to do is address gun control through better education programs and sensible drug laws.

if you take away the need for violence there probably would be less violence.

which for all intents and purposes in the United States of Rabbit Hole would make them pro gun...

#13 engine9

engine9

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 10:45 PM

Posted Image

I don't know what that means so I'll just take it as an insult Posted Image

#14 Kyle82

Kyle82

• HUDDLER
  • 3,899 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 11:58 PM

People have a right to protect themselves....if there were a ban on guns (aka gun control) then that would just make us (law abiding citizens) vulnurable.
I realize that there are families out there that have had innocent lives taken away from them by careless idiots, insane zealots, etc. and that is exactly why we need the Second Amendment.

#15 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,905 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 07:44 AM

All the chinese people with their silly ching ching chong stuff. i can't understand you go back to your country

WHITE POWER

Posted Image

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com