Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does gun control really work?

93 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='engine9']This is true, but it is also irresponsibility that lies at the foundation for the need of most any law.[/quote]

Very true, but most people aren't wanting to ban cars because someone drove drunk. Guns seem to take a bad rap for stupid people being behind the trigger.

Posted · Report post

That may be partly because cars are a pretty critical element of modern everyday life. Guns, not so much.

Again, no one that I've ever talked to wants to "ban" guns, aside from the fact that that would be impossible to do.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='natty']
I think this thread shows that people are a lot more like minded on the issue than they think.[/quote]

always been that way, but paranoia doesn't allow them to see it.

i remember seeing a segment on tv in 2000 that still stands out to me. reporter went to an NRA meeting and talked to a woman.

reporter: why don't you support Al Gore?
woman: he wants to take our guns.
reporter: what is your stance on registration?
woman: i think all guns should be registered.
reporter: Al Gore only wants to register new guns. you're actually tighter on gun control than him.
woman: er... cold dead hands!

Posted · Report post

damn liberal reporters, tricking right minded Christian folk like that

Posted · Report post

Going to the shooting range tomorrow to do the qualifying that goes along with the classwork which is a prerequisite for my carry/conceal permit.

Then I can start shooting people.

Posted · Report post

sweet!

Posted · Report post

I got 19 of 20 when I qualified. Would have hit the 20th but casing from the guy next to me landed between my neck and shirt and I flinched. Missed by 2 damn inches. The instructor told me that you have to be prepared and not get distracted. Still would have been a main body hit.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='cookinwithgas']sweet![/quote]

Mostly be shooting the atheist liberals who try to trick us right minded Christian folk

Posted · Report post

I didn't vote for Gore because he didn't want to set up a Presidential still and make us good ol boys some shine.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='stirs']Mostly be shooting the atheist liberals who try to trick us right minded Christian folk[/quote]

G5 has some coffee shop intel for you

Posted · Report post

Can't have caffiene as it makes my trigger finger jumpy

Posted · Report post

He does not drink coffee either, he just goes in them to meet young open minded college boys for experimentation.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='cookinwithgas']He does not drink coffee either, he just goes in them to meet young open minded college boys for experimentation.[/quote]

You're confusing me w/ Fiz....how...I do not know.

Posted · Report post

Both of you whine when you don't get your reacharounds, how am I supposed to keep track?

Posted · Report post

Nuff said....

Posted · Report post

[quote name='g5jamz']I know...but I was being facetious. I would include that with ALL people being around children....right? Sunday school teachers...teachers...day-care workers...bus drivers...can't hurt right?

As for your handgun...you do know how a trigger-lock or lockbox works right?[/quote]

are you seriously suggesting that sunday school teachers pose as much threat to society as unregulated weapons distribution?

Posted · Report post

Keep reading....

look up the meaning of the word "facetious"

Posted · Report post

[quote name='g5jamz']Keep reading....

look up the meaning of the word "facetious"[/quote]

so if your parallels aren't to be taken seriously, where does that leave your point?