Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sheldon Wolowizard

Does gun control really work?

93 posts in this topic

liberals have to lie about their true intentions that's why.

oic

oic

Go to any coffee shop...Franklin St. Chapel Hill for instance. Find an outspoken liberal. Ask them if they could snap a finger and remove every weapon from every citizen of the United States...would they do it. Don't sell it as someone tying to play gotcha either...just ask honestly.

Most would emphatically say yes. When you point out that the military would still have their weapons...they may even still answer yes, but in some the idea of the government being the only ones having weapons would make them reflect to WHY the 2nd amendment was actually written and come to their damned senses. But the ignorant liberals will still say yes...remove them all. Some of those run for offices...and lie in order to get elected.

You go to coffee shops to talk to liberals?

I'd just punch them in the face for being in Chapel Hill regardless of party affiliation

Curiously, safety and education classes sure don't stop automobile deaths, and hardly ANY automobile accidents that result in death are purposefully committed acts.

I'm for education before gun ownership. To legally hunt now (in NC) you have to pass a safety course. It's a good thing. It cuts down on accidental gun deaths. Education is only going to do so much, and stopping someone who wants to purposefully kill someone else isn't one of the things.

Closing gun show loopholes isn't a bad idea. I do like going to gun shows, and I like being able to buy a gun if I see one I want. If the background checks I have read about are enacted, it won't effect me one bit. I'm not going to be buying one of those types of weapons. It might even make it inconvenient and traceable enough that cartels and gangs will have to find other methods of acquiring their firearms. Perhaps it will even lower crime in certain areas. Thing is, crime has gone global like everything else has, and eventually they will get what they need. I'm not using that as a reason to not enact some sensible rules to govern the open flow of large quantities of weapons, as I think it would cut down on a lot of crime in lots of urban areas in the US. I'm just saying don't look for MS13 or the Mexicartels, the big boys, to be any less powerfully armed no matter WHAT kind of gun laws are enacted in the US.

Another thing that bothers people that are generally reasonable about gun laws is the fact that sooner or later the crazy people and the criminals alike are going to start using regular hunting weapons to do their killing. When it comes down to that day, what will the gun control people say then? The killings are going to be MUCH more effective, those guns are MADE to hit moving targets, and targets at great distances. It's nice to think that if we piled every 7.62 up and burnt it that gun murders would be over with, but it's really not going to be the case. Sooner or later when high capacity non repeating guns are gone and gun murders are still higher in this country than anywhere, the majority party in DC is going to look at doing away with them all. In that tiny aspect, it's very similar to why abortion rights advocates railed against late term abortions. It's a right, and it will be gone. If the law passes that says you can't have an abortion a week before due date, then the next one that passes will be for a month before due date, then 5 months, 8 months, and it will snowball into a ban on abortion. As extreme as an abortion 2 seconds after labor starts sounds, banning that looks like a snowball on top of a tall hill. I think that's one of the reasons why even the most reasonable don't get behind some of the gun control ideas.

I don't drink coffee.

But I talk to many liberals.

Gun Control = Hitting what you are aiming at.

I'm all for that.

Before the kids came along, my wife and I would go to Barnes and Nobles about once a month to hang out. It seemed like the coffee shop area was always packed to gills with people who looked like they just stepped off a college campus as a student or professor. Many of them would be taking up tables to read but not eating or drinking anything. Sometimes, just to irk some them, I would sit there and lean back with a copy of Rush's new book or this one

book_south-was-right.jpg

Before the kids came along, my wife and I would go to Barnes and Nobles about once a month to hang out. It seemed like the coffee shop area was always packed to gills with people who looked like they just stepped off a college campus as a student or professor. Many of them would be taking up tables to read but not eating or drinking anything. Sometimes, just to irk some them, I would sit there and lean back with a copy of Rush's new book or this one

book_south-was-right.jpg

Liberal Fascism always gets a nose-pierced sneer. Without a 1st rnd pick...I'm not really reading many football mags.

I go to prisons.

• Topics

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts