how come?

#4 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 10:20 PM

how come?

She just said on Olbermann "Let's be honest, every one of those people is a racist" about the Tea Parties. Give me a fugging break. So fall in line lockstep behind Obama or you clearly hate black people. This is what it has come to? Really, Janeane?

#5 engine9

engine9

shoota muhfukkaina minute

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 10:23 PM

I told my sister in law she looked like Garafolo one time. She had to google it and somewhat agreed. My g/f told me that I basically insulted my SIL and that Garafolo was never as pretty as she is. Hell I thought it was a compliment just because of her role on Seinfeld.

also, for rodeo link

#6 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,381 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 10:24 PM

i doubt every single one is.

#7 engine9

engine9

shoota muhfukkaina minute

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 10:27 PM

i doubt every single one is.

I don't. I think realistically the safer bet would be that each and every person in American society has or does harbor some type of racist thought than it would be that they don't.

#8 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 10:28 PM

Yeah, at least one or two were there because they simply don't like the left turn Obama took on Day One.

#9 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,381 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 10:30 PM

Yeah, at least one or two were there because they simply don't like the left turn Obama took on Day One.

in other words they're protesting the democratic process because they lost.

#10 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,738 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 10:32 PM

Those tea parties that spontaneously erupted after the Bush endorsed bank bailouts were something to behold as well.

#11 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 10:33 PM

in other words they're protesting the democratic process because they lost.

Umm, the fact that this government sees them as living, breathing ATMs has something to do with it.

#12 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 10:37 PM

Those tea parties that spontaneously erupted after the Bush endorsed bank bailouts were something to behold as well.

Quit bringing up Bush. His last six months on the job, hell his last year, was nothing more than "I'll do the minimum and I can't wait to dump this off on the next guy." Just because George Bush was in over his head doesn't give the left carte blanche to bankrupt the country. People work for their money. They invest a third of their lives at their jobs. When you ask them to subsidize the lazy asses they see around them they are going to want to let off steam.

#13 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • 3,884 posts
  • LocationRound about here

Posted 16 April 2009 - 10:37 PM

She just said on Olbermann "Let's be honest, every one of those people is a racist" about the Tea Parties.?

Nothing new with her and many who are somewhat stunned at the nationwide turnout at these events (12,000k + in NYC alone). Being called "racist" has been transformed into a "I get the last word" on so many issues now. Meaning if there is even a slightest chance your words or actions could be deemed that way, no matter how far fetched, the opposite side might throw that out and quickly label you.

As much as I hate near meaningless lawsuits, if being labeled a racist can be proven to actually damage your career, personal reputation, etc. (very possible in this day and time) , I would love to see somebody file a suit against the accuser and get a settlement plus widespread media coverage. It might slowly sink in to some of these labelers that free speech aint always free. You better have some facts to back it up and pointing a finger at somebody with a "say no to Obama" t-shirt and immediately screaming racist out of anger or frustration without any other cause might mean problems down the road. We are all racist in one way or another..big or small, nobody is perfect.

#14 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,738 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 07:10 AM

Quit bringing up Bush. His last six months on the job, hell his last year, was nothing more than "I'll do the minimum and I can't wait to dump this off on the next guy." Just because George Bush was in over his head doesn't give the left carte blanche to bankrupt the country. People work for their money. They invest a third of their lives at their jobs. When you ask them to subsidize the lazy asses they see around them they are going to want to let off steam.

Quit bringing up Obama. His first few months on the job, hell during his transition team period, was nothing more than, "how the hell am I going to clean up this terrible mess?". Just because George Bush was in over his head and bankrupted the country does not give Obama the ability to do nothing about the problems and just point his fingers and say, "I can't do anything, it's not my fault". All he is doing is following the advice, and the lead, of the advisors and policies set before him, but doing it with a more urgent frame of mind.

I can understand that a lot of people hate the idea of this whole spending spree, I am not really happy about it myself. But despite the official rhetoric about this not being a partisan problem, the real reason these people came out was to complain about Obama in general. All of them stood by while their guys passed tax cuts while starting wars and increasing spending, turning the surplus into a deficit in record time, but now that the other guys are doing it, it's suddenly going to destroy our way of life and we need to somehow take over the country. It's a simple and easy way to reenergize the Republican base since Sarah Palins boobies didn't quite do the trick. No big deal, but sell it for what it is.

#15 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 07:18 AM

Quit bringing up Obama. His first few months on the job, hell during his transition team period, was nothing more than, "how the hell am I going to clean up this terrible mess?". Just because George Bush was in over his head and bankrupted the country does not give Obama the ability to do nothing about the problems and just point his fingers and say, "I can't do anything, it's not my fault". All he is doing is following the advice, and the lead, of the advisors and policies set before him, but doing it with a more urgent frame of mind.

I can understand that a lot of people hate the idea of this whole spending spree, I am not really happy about it myself. But despite the official rhetoric about this not being a partisan problem, the real reason these people came out was to complain about Obama in general. All of them stood by while their guys passed tax cuts while starting wars and increasing spending, turning the surplus into a deficit in record time, but now that the other guys are doing it, it's suddenly going to destroy our way of life and we need to somehow take over the country. It's a simple and easy way to reenergize the Republican base since Sarah Palins boobies didn't quite do the trick. No big deal, but sell it for what it is.

You don't tax people when you're on the verge of a depression. I'm not talking about the rednecks who are out at those rallies....Fiz is right, they have no idea what they're doing. I'm talking about the small business guy who is working 60 hours a week trying to get his business off the ground. You don't add to his burden right now, especially to build water parks in San Francisco and other Dem pork projects. It's insanity. That has nothing to do with Bush and everything to do with Obama, who said he was all about the politics of hope, then used fear tactics to get his pork bullshit passed. That's on him, I'm sorry. Blame Bush for being a nincompoop. Blame him for not understanding half the poo going on around him. Fine. But this economy didn't start to tank until Pelosi and Co. took over Congress. Fact.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.