#32 Stumpy

Stumpy

Cam Ward Trolls Hard

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts
  • LocationHickory

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:29 PM

Be Tee Dub, Cam did do an interview with Adam and Joe. It airs later today. The story is up on wralsportsfan.com now.

Now everyone can quit with the "oh emm geez Cam doesn't care about the Carolinaz!!!11!!!!eleventy!!!!!"

#33 bigdog10

bigdog10

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:00 PM

So if the Wall Street Journal wanted to interview you about your success at your job; you would make them wait while you finished off an interview with the Gaston Gazette?

#34 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,847 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:37 PM

Can we please refrain from calling Cam the mildly racist "kid" and "son"? I'm sure you don't mean anything by it, but it's not the 1950's anymore. 'Young man' will do just fine.

this post wasn't needed.

There is nothing racist about "kid" and "son"
He is a frickin' kid.

Get over yourself, and move on.

#35 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,847 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:44 PM

People that get offended by an elder that calls them "kid" or "son", need to get over themselves. There is nothing offensive about it. Stop making it into something it isn't. While you're at it, grow up...and someday you might outgrow it.

People today get offended over the stupidist poo.

You aren't owed a damn thing.

#36 CamX

CamX

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:27 PM

People that get offended by an elder that calls them "kid" or "son", need to get over themselves. There is nothing offensive about it. Stop making it into something it isn't. While you're at it, grow up...and someday you might outgrow it.

Your anger reveals a lot about you. The whole not owed a damn thing leaves no doubt!........

#37 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,160 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:55 PM

can this thread get moved to tinderbox or smack talk, please.

it doesn't really serve any purpose now excpet getting people pissed off and unnecessarily talking about race.

kthxluvya.

#38 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,475 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 03:12 PM

PSSSTTTTT

Kelli Bartik @KelliBartik

pssst... If you're in clt, Cam Newton is on 610am WFNZ right now (online wfnz.com) #Panthers

So quit your bitching

#39 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 11,254 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 03 February 2012 - 03:26 PM

He is on the fan 99.9 right now

#40 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,742 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 03 February 2012 - 03:42 PM

Son is a derogatory term, and was in fact used in the past by some folks in the south referencing grown black men...to keep them in there place...now do I believe the OP had that intention, no, not at all...but some people are fairly sensitive about the connotation...now that that's cleared up

:beatdeadhorse5:

You're correct. I don't mean to disrespect Cam in any way. Within the black community, at least, some older males may refer to younger black males as son, young buck, etc. as a term of endearment. Not to be funny, but I am a black man. I also am old enough to be Cam's father. Son may be a derogatory term as used by today's young people, but it is a term of endearment for many people who are around 40 and over. Some people love to take things out of context and run with it.

#41 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,847 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 03 February 2012 - 03:46 PM

Your anger reveals a lot about you. The whole not owed a damn thing leaves no doubt!........

i know it's difficult for you to grasp simple communication, especially when it is direct and to the point.

Believe me, i ain't angry at all. But the one's who are butt hurt over being called son and kid are.

Go back to painting for yourself, cause you are terrible trying to paint others.
;)

#42 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

tengo baking soda

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,316 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 03 February 2012 - 03:48 PM

hey did you guys hear that cam was on some local stations today?!

#43 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

tengo baking soda

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,316 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 03 February 2012 - 03:53 PM

You're correct. I don't mean to disrespect Cam in any way. Within the black community, at least, some older males may refer to younger black males as son, young buck, etc. as a term of endearment. Not to be funny, but I am a black man. I also am old enough to be Cam's father. Son may be a derogatory term as used by today's young people, but it is a term of endearment for many people who are around 40 and over. Some people love to take things out of context and run with it.

True. Let's all hold hands and sing kumbaya.

#44 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,742 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 03 February 2012 - 04:05 PM

No offense taken. It was just a little criticism. I was just a little surprised is all.

On an off note, I expected that I would receive some flack for the thread from the resident clowns, Internet Guy, and resident A-holes, but I didn't expect the question of racism. In retrospect, maybe I should have. Consequently, I write about different aspects of racism on my site, and have written about Cam Newton and racism.

Google "Cam Newton Warren Moon Chris Nawrocki" and you may be surprised to find an essay of mine as the first result.

Like I said, I have supported Cam as a person from the beginning (even before he was a Panther), and I will continue to do so until he gives me a reason to do otherwise (which I really can't see happening).

#45 jackson113

jackson113

Poo talking mother fugging Jackson

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 06:27 PM

this thread sucks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com