Photo
- - - - -

To Cam: Just a wee bit of criticism

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
48 replies to this topic

#41 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 03 February 2012 - 03:46 PM

People that get offended by an elder that calls them "kid" or "son", need to get over themselves. There is nothing offensive about it. Stop making it into something it isn't. While you're at it, grow up...and someday you might outgrow it.

People today get offended over the stupidist poo.

You aren't owed a damn thing.

Your anger reveals a lot about you. The whole not owed a damn thing leaves no doubt!........

i know it's difficult for you to grasp simple communication, especially when it is direct and to the point.

Believe me, i ain't angry at all. But the one's who are butt hurt over being called son and kid are.

Go back to painting for yourself, cause you are terrible trying to paint others.
;)

#42 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

tengo baking soda

HUDDLER

Posted 03 February 2012 - 03:48 PM

hey did you guys hear that cam was on some local stations today?!

#43 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

tengo baking soda

HUDDLER

Posted 03 February 2012 - 03:53 PM

You're correct. I don't mean to disrespect Cam in any way. Within the black community, at least, some older males may refer to younger black males as son, young buck, etc. as a term of endearment. Not to be funny, but I am a black man. I also am old enough to be Cam's father. Son may be a derogatory term as used by today's young people, but it is a term of endearment for many people who are around 40 and over. Some people love to take things out of context and run with it.

True. Let's all hold hands and sing kumbaya.

#44 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

HUDDLER

Posted 03 February 2012 - 04:05 PM

No offense taken. It was just a little criticism. I was just a little surprised is all.

On an off note, I expected that I would receive some flack for the thread from the resident clowns, Internet Guy, and resident A-holes, but I didn't expect the question of racism. In retrospect, maybe I should have. Consequently, I write about different aspects of racism on my site, and have written about Cam Newton and racism.

Google "Cam Newton Warren Moon Chris Nawrocki" and you may be surprised to find an essay of mine as the first result.

Like I said, I have supported Cam as a person from the beginning (even before he was a Panther), and I will continue to do so until he gives me a reason to do otherwise (which I really can't see happening).

#45 jackson113

jackson113

Poo talking mother fugging Jackson

SUPPORTER

Posted 03 February 2012 - 06:27 PM

this thread sucks.

#46 Cam Is God

Cam Is God

SWAGswagSWAGswagSWAGswag

ROOKIE

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:25 PM

people always gotta complain about something

#47 Wither

Wither

Relatively Unknown Poster

HUDDLER

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:58 PM

This is almost as creepy and disturbing as my PE teacher was in middle school.

#48 antame

antame

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:21 PM

I've never cared for the reference "kid" and certainly not "son" to anyone in professional sports regardless of race. And I'm a socially conservative white guy. It's simply inappropriate.

Now, of course there are some exceptions for guys who are 75 years old and have been in the business forever, but generally it's poor form.

Edited by antame, 03 February 2012 - 11:24 PM.

#49 antame

antame

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:27 PM

Actually, I cringe a bit when I hear college athletes referred to that way. It strikes me as creepy and odd.