Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

koolkatluke

Nice Pat Y article on Hardy.

47 posts in this topic

If Hardy was such a handicap in the run defense. Why was he on the field more then any DE in this division. Rivera isn't stupid and knows defense. If he felt Hardy sucked against the run he wouldn't have been out their as much as he was. We did have ok back-up DE's.

again, time on the field is a weak arguement when you have one of the weaker DLs in the NFL. He was the best option and therefore played. Look at Captain's reps.......Capt was getting tons of reps b/c he was good......he was the best we could throw out there.

Also, Charles Johnson was gimpy late in the year which meant even more on the rest of the DEs as to finish the year CJ was used at mainly a pass rusher.

I said runs to the outside wasn't hurting us as much at 1st before we started losing our LB.

1st game Benine Wells was killing us up the middle not on the outside.

3rd MJD was going more up the middle maybe becuase of the rain and wet field.

It wasn't until the Bears game that Forte was gashing us on runs to the outside. Also by that time we were down to Slow Dan Conors in the middle and switching back fourth at WLB.

that Bears game was VERY early. The Jags game due to weather can also pretty much be thrown away in regards to making many assumptions from it.

PFF also did a article where they said FUA was doing a better job then Mcclain. Who really watching all panthers game this year felt that way?

early on I think Rivera backed that. At the end it shifted some....and I think Rivera backed that as well

Did anybody else scroll down and see where Arizona denied permission for Tampa in interview the cards receiver coach. Tampa can offer an upgrade, so why is yasinkas bringing up Tampa bay trading for him?? I apologize since this is a bit off topic.

How did he think that when mcclain got more playing time and Fua was the 1st to lose his starting job. Remeber Ron fields started a few games before being cut.

Links?

Its all in how you look at Hardy. If you look like most huddlers and compare him to Pro bowl DEs well he sucks... If you look at him for what he is(a 6th round pick) then he has progressed very well.

Its all in how you look at Hardy. If you look like most huddlers and compare him to Pro bowl DEs well he sucks... If you look at him for what he is(a 6th round pick) then he has progressed very well.

true. great value for Hardy.

but he still should be rotational guy/backup.....not a flat out starter. Not good enough.

Some defensive ends don't really start to click until at least their third year. I think we will see some definite improvement from Hardy this year, more pressure and better play against the run.

Idk what he talking about. I personally made the thread about Hardy being terrible against the run

Going into his 3rd year. Had no offseason as well as the motorcycle accident. I think this might be his breakout year. He did show promise plenty of times last season just like CJ so idk why ppl are so down on him. He's just more concerned with getting sacks and to the QB than being an all around good DE

Off-tackle runs to hardy's side were the defenses' achilles heel all season long. If he can learn to seal off the edge better he'll be greatly improved. Getting consistent pressure up the middle will help him as a pass rusher and make the rest of the defense look good as well.

DT is a bigger need than people give it credit for.

^ The run game did improve towards the very end. I dont remember Hardy standing out as much as before. So that is a point. But I think he'll be aight

Some defensive ends don't really start to click until at least their third year. I think we will see some definite improvement from Hardy this year, more pressure and better play against the run.

agreed, though I'd still be happy with BPA along the line.