Photo
- - - - -

Nice Pat Y article on Hardy.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
46 replies to this topic

#37 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

SUPPORTER

Posted 03 February 2012 - 05:59 PM

Greg Hardy is a beast.. maybe only in pass protection, whatever, but I love that kid.. I hope he's around here for the next 10 years...

#38 OneBadassCat

OneBadassCat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 03 February 2012 - 07:06 PM

Hardy is going to be a good player for us. He's only in his 2nd year, he has all the physical tools, probably more so than CJ. Way too early to call it quits on him.

#39 Snake

Snake

Rivera did What???

HUDDLER

Posted 03 February 2012 - 07:11 PM

true. great value for Hardy.

but he still should be rotational guy/backup.....not a flat out starter. Not good enough.

Its true he was a liability last year but he was extremely raw his rookie season. He should keep progressing with his talent.

To really sum it up, yes we need some more depth there but we really don't need to waste draft picks to get it.

Edited by Snake_Fist_Gung_Fu, 03 February 2012 - 07:13 PM.

#40 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

HUDDLER

Posted 03 February 2012 - 07:43 PM

I am still wondering how being in for more plays means you are good?? Seems to me that you are durable and injury free would be accurate. It also could mean that we don't have anyone else who can back you up so you are forced to play the whole game.

But I don't know if that means better. It could, but definitely isn't causal.

#41 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

SUPPORTER

Posted 03 February 2012 - 07:47 PM

I am still wondering how being in for more plays means you are good?? Seems to me that you are durable and injury free would be accurate. It also could mean that we don't have anyone else who can back you up so you are forced to play the whole game.

But I don't know if that means better. It could, but definitely isn't causal.

yeah Pat Y kind of told on himself..

#42 Donald LaFell

Donald LaFell

SUPPORTER

Posted 03 February 2012 - 07:56 PM

If Hardy was such a handicap in the run defense. Why was he on the field more then any DE in this division. Rivera isn't stupid and knows defense. If he felt Hardy sucked against the run he wouldn't have been out their as much as he was. We did have ok back-up DE's.

I think one reason a lot of young guys played is injuries and rivera knew he can afford to gain experience at the cost of losing games.

#43 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

HUDDLER

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:43 PM

If Hardy was such a handicap in the run defense. Why was he on the field more then any DE in this division. Rivera isn't stupid and knows defense. If he felt Hardy sucked against the run he wouldn't have been out their as much as he was. We did have ok back-up DE's.

If so many defensive players were not on IR or injured at some point that could apply. But with our season of attrition we were starting folks from the practice squad who won't even make the team this year. So we certainlycould play a DE with issues if he ended up being durable and not injure prone. Even Johnson struggled at the end and missed 1 1/2 games.

#44 Wither

Wither

Relatively Unknown Poster

HUDDLER

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:22 PM

Jesus Christ, Pat Y couldn't be any further from the truth. Where's the link to that pff article of how much Hardy sucks ass against the run. This is nothing but pure ignorance and laziness. Do some research before typing out crap like this.

Because other articles are guaranteed to be more credible? :confused5:

#45 Matthias

Matthias

HUDDLER

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:39 PM

Greg Hardy is an up and coming player, but like everyone else is saying, he's not as good as this article would have you to believe. With this article, Greg Hardy is the best invisible player in the game. He has so many rushes against the passer, involved in all these defensive plays, and yet so ineffective when all is said and done. I still have confidence he will be a good player though.

#46 KillerKat

KillerKat

GTFO Shula

HUDDLER

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:39 PM

was outsiders, my bad. stats are still stats.

#47 Wither

Wither

Relatively Unknown Poster

HUDDLER

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:43 PM

was outsiders, my bad. stats are still stats.

Stats can be interpreted in many ways.

I actually tend to agree about Hardy though.