Photo
- - - - -

Taxation without representation!!!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
95 replies to this topic

#1 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 08:03 AM

LOL at those teabagging morons.

#2 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,475 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 08:04 AM

You seemed to be pro-teabagging last night...

#3 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 08:05 AM

only if they are huge teabags

#4 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,699 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 08:08 AM

only if they are huge teabags

Step right up. ('specially after I mow the lawn on a hot summer day.)

#5 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • 3,907 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 08:14 AM

Don't discount the masses. Despite some flawed ideas behind the origins of these gatherings, the more I read (and it is hard to find these articles), the more I am learning that there are a lot of people in this country who are upset to down right mad. Granted some of it is a spillover from Bush but mostly the anger is directed at this administration right on down to the state politics. Watching CNN, CBS, etc. you might think that there are probably only a couple of million (at most) of these people around the country who are very upset. I can tell you for a fact that number is easily in the tens of millions and growing.

In my home county, the commissioners decided to re-evaluate our property values. It was the first time in six years. They mainly used comparative sales figures (known as comps) from 2006 & 2007 as a basis (the peak years of the real estate boom). So a few months ago everybody saw their values go up 30-75% even though their real estate is now dropping in value. The outrage is huge around here and our local elected officials are not doing anything to ease our concerns as to what our tax bills may look like this fall. A lot of local people have no problem supporting these tea parties because they are seeing things they don't like on all levels.

#6 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,584 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 08:16 AM

I despise populism.

#7 Fireball77

Fireball77

• HUDDLER
  • 3,398 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 08:29 AM

So a few months ago everybody saw their values go up 30-75% even though their real estate is now dropping in value.

I was looking at RE transfers online when I got my property tax bill this year and I was ASTOUNDED at how high ours was compared to some houses that were around the same size, condition, property acreage, style, and age as ours. But, they SAY on their site you can't challenge them. I'm not sure that's correct though, just a deterrent. Honestly, I don't mind the higher property tax bill as much in our township because we have no income tax. If we had income tax also, I would be raging pissed.

#8 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,310 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 08:29 AM

Don't discount the masses. Despite some flawed ideas behind the origins of these gatherings, the more I read (and it is hard to find these articles), the more I am learning that there are a lot of people in this country who are upset to down right mad. Granted some of it is a spillover from Bush but mostly the anger is directed at this administration right on down to the state politics. Watching CNN, CBS, etc. you might think that there are probably only a couple of million (at most) of these people around the country who are very upset. I can tell you for a fact that number is easily in the tens of millions and growing.

hahahahahaahhahha
The tens of millions who voted for McCain???

#9 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,699 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 08:32 AM

I was looking at RE transfers online when I got my property tax bill this year and I was ASTOUNDED at how high ours was compared to some houses that were around the same size, condition, property acreage, style, and age as ours. But, they SAY on their site you can't challenge them. I'm not sure that's correct though, just a deterrent. Honestly, I don't mind the higher property tax bill as much in our township because we have no income tax. If we had income tax also, I would be raging pissed.

You're in Cuyahoga Cty. aren't you? (Not a stalker, I just know Vampi)

I have family in Stark Cty. and their property taxes are traditionally very low. I wonder if they are getting this hit? Or is it just Township related?

#10 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 08:32 AM

Panthro, 69 million people voted for Obama and 62 million voted for McCain. That means for every 10 who voted Obama, nine voted McCain.

#11 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,310 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 08:38 AM

I wonder what people were called who opposed and protested against Bush's policy.....Oh yeah they were Un-American.

I hope these people keep fighting for Warren Buffett and Paris Hilton

#12 Fireball77

Fireball77

• HUDDLER
  • 3,398 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 08:39 AM

You're in Cuyahoga Cty. aren't you? (Not a stalker, I just know Vampi)

I have family in Stark Cty. and their property taxes are traditionally very low. I wonder if they are getting this hit? Or is it just Township related?

We're in Geauga cty. Cuyahoga county taxes are RUINOUS in sales tax and property tax. But income taxes locally are a function of being a township (don't have them) vs. city or village (have them). Geauga county doesn't have many cities or villages. And they have fewer population wise than Cuyahoga. Ohio state income tax blows also. Another reason to move to Tenn. :)
We couldn't have our small business in Cuyahoga, we've been declining in income as it is and the taxes are horrendous (we have to pay PA also).

#13 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • 3,907 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 08:41 AM

Ohio state income tax blows also. Another reason to move to Tenn. :)

Are you thinking of moving down south?

:)

#14 Fireball77

Fireball77

• HUDDLER
  • 3,398 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 08:47 AM

We have always wanted to retire to Tenn, since we went there on our honeymoon. I would probably go in a minute despite the fact that it does get a bit hot there in the summer for my taste but I don't think my hubby is amenable right now because he has a very dependent mother (IMO it's a bit drama queenish as her health is fine. She would just rather have people do for her than do it or figure it out herself.).

#15 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • 3,907 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 08:47 AM

hahahahahaahhahha
The tens of millions who voted for McCain???

I'll tell you something. I've just finished my busy season where I interact with a large majority of my clients who come from all walks of life. I'm not talking a five or ten here but at least 50-60 meetings over the past month. Everyone's story is a little different but the anger is there.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com