Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zod

Taxation without representation!!!

96 posts in this topic

I wonder what people were called who opposed and protested against Bush's policy.....Oh yeah they were Un-American.

I hope these people keep fighting for Warren Buffett and Paris Hilton

You're in Cuyahoga Cty. aren't you? (Not a stalker, I just know Vampi)

I have family in Stark Cty. and their property taxes are traditionally very low. I wonder if they are getting this hit? Or is it just Township related?

We're in Geauga cty. Cuyahoga county taxes are RUINOUS in sales tax and property tax. But income taxes locally are a function of being a township (don't have them) vs. city or village (have them). Geauga county doesn't have many cities or villages. And they have fewer population wise than Cuyahoga. Ohio state income tax blows also. Another reason to move to Tenn. :)

We couldn't have our small business in Cuyahoga, we've been declining in income as it is and the taxes are horrendous (we have to pay PA also).

Ohio state income tax blows also. Another reason to move to Tenn. :)

Are you thinking of moving down south?

:)

We have always wanted to retire to Tenn, since we went there on our honeymoon. I would probably go in a minute despite the fact that it does get a bit hot there in the summer for my taste but I don't think my hubby is amenable right now because he has a very dependent mother (IMO it's a bit drama queenish as her health is fine. She would just rather have people do for her than do it or figure it out herself.).

hahahahahaahhahha

The tens of millions who voted for McCain???

I'll tell you something. I've just finished my busy season where I interact with a large majority of my clients who come from all walks of life. I'm not talking a five or ten here but at least 50-60 meetings over the past month. Everyone's story is a little different but the anger is there.

I'll tell you something. I've just finished my busy season where I interact with a large majority of my clients who come from all walks of life. I'm not talking a five or ten here but at least 50-60 meetings over the past month. Everyone's story is a little different but the anger is there.

But those are just rednecks and racists, so it doesn't really count, does it?

And look who's putting words in people's mouths...

You mean no one was happy about paying taxes?

We're in Geauga cty. Cuyahoga county taxes are RUINOUS in sales tax and property tax. But income taxes locally are a function of being a township (don't have them) vs. city or village (have them). Geauga county doesn't have many cities or villages. And they have fewer population wise than Cuyahoga. Ohio state income tax blows also. Another reason to move to Tenn. :)

We couldn't have our small business in Cuyahoga, we've been declining in income as it is and the taxes are horrendous (we have to pay PA also).

I knew there was some differentiation between the Townships, cities and villages. Never fully took the time to understand. I would hear various family members compare and contrast Jackson Township vs. Perry Township etc.

Geauga Lake FTW.

Not to those who feel they are intellectually superior to them.

I'm seriously wondering if we are going to see a repeat of the 1994 election again in a year and half from now when the people put the Pubs back in control of congress even though we were well out of the early 90's recession by that time.