Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

College of Charleston, Need Opinions

30 posts in this topic

Posted

Overrated!

Posted

I graduated from CofC with a degree in Communications (that's right fugers). I have been able to find jobs very easily with it. You take half the classes that a business major takes, so I thought of that major being well rounded. I was able to take alot of real world classes.

USC is an ok school. The only nod USC gets over cofc is they have football. However, Columbia really sucks, the campus is pretty pooty as well. Cofc has a really good basketball program, and if you want to see football, columbia is only 1.5 hrs away. Charleston is a awesome town, with so much to do, like the beach, etc.... Did I mention cofc has the best women in any college on the east coast(if you are into that sort if thing)?

Best of luck on your choice. I will say it has gotten really hard to get into the cofc now so consider yourself lucky....

If thats my sort of thing. Ha! That's what im all about :D . Thanks for the response. Really helpful info. I keep hearin about these charleston women man.. goodness. I have to witness it.

Posted

I went when the bars had no required closing hour, so I'm sure it's crap now.

1 person likes this

Posted

^^^^ Posted at 3:10am on a Monday ....sounds like you still enjoy those bars without a closing time! :yesnod:

Posted

That happened my sophomore year. And my brother told me Cumberland's closed...Big John's and the Blind Tiger better still be there.

Posted

Pretty sure both are.

I miss the old AC's. Simpsons reruns and booze till 6am.

Posted

I still have lingering effects from Earth day 1990 at CofC. I love everything about Charleston.

Posted

Anecdotal Evidence: My friend goes there and loves it (he is male).

continue on

Posted

I remember the best sentence you could ever here from a girl at CofC was "I have a boyfriend back in Colorado..."

1 person likes this

Posted

I remember the best sentence you could ever here from a girl at CofC was "I have a boyfriend back in Colorado..."

seriously? lol

Posted

Although some went there to get themselves a Citadel guy, that rarely lasted more than a semester.

Posted

I would take Charleston over Columbia any day. Not even a choice, really. Especially where the campus is. You are near everything.