Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:45 PM

Posted Image

#65 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,456 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:51 PM

If Cam continues to progress and produce like he did last year I'm certain that the ownership will begin forming plans to extend him past the 4-5 years he's already locked up for. I think offers can be made during or after year 3? Can't see any reason why you wouldn't start working on a plan for that.

Sadly basketball and football aren't the same. With basketball it's pretty much like a regular job. If you no longer want to stay in your contract, you can take you business else where. It's doesn't quite seem to be the same with the NFL. Case in point Carson Palmer. And, even the way Peyton is being treated. These players are like slaves to the league. Those in power can do to them as the like but the same isn't always for the players because of the close-knit community that is the NFL.

#66 CamX

CamX

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 02:01 PM

Only because JR didnt Dan Gilbert him. Trust if he and the fans start treating and talking to him like a slave/ piece of property he will bounce. Theres a reason Heat fans arent worried about LeBron leaving town.

THANK YOU!!!! LeBron played out his contract. He had his "free" paper when he left.

If the Panthers run their organization like Cleveland did Cam will take his "free" papers and leave also, as he should!

#67 Jangler

Jangler

a head full of candy corn

• HUDDLER
  • 47,582 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 02:02 PM

lol and Manning will finish his career in Indy...

#68 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,760 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 05 February 2012 - 02:07 PM

Wade performs when it matters the most, which is when you can count on LeFail to crumble and not live up to his enormous hype.

#69 Wither

Wither

Relatively Unknown Poster

• HUDDLER
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 02:27 PM

Sadly basketball and football aren't the same. With basketball it's pretty much like a regular job. If you no longer want to stay in your contract, you can take you business else where. It's doesn't quite seem to be the same with the NFL. Case in point Carson Palmer. And, even the way Peyton is being treated. These players are like slaves to the league. Those in power can do to them as the like but the same isn't always for the players because of the close-knit community that is the NFL.

When you are making hundreds of thousands even at the least I wouldn't compare that to slavery.

Also, they can walk out whenever they want. They might have to pay back some of their salary though.

Stop making these guys seem humble and better than the average person. They are just like everyone else except they make a lot of money for some of the talents that they have. There is no slavery to the league. They are not sacrificing anything more than what your local stocker is at Food Lion.

#70 ed bell

ed bell

Ruthless

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,791 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 02:39 PM

But they sign contracts....those are agreements. Case in point, Carson Palmer, the Bengals owner flatly stated that he wanted him to live up to his agreement. I don't know where you are getting the idea that even NBA players can simply take their business elsewhere if they are under contract. Arrangements must be made and accepted by all parties involved....

I don't see the "poor Peyton" angle either. All of the possible outcomes were provided for in his contract that he agreed to, and don't even start with the slavery bullpoo. The case has already been made as to how utterly disrespectful that is from all possible angles.

#71 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,760 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 05 February 2012 - 03:28 PM

The team agrees to the contract as well, but won't think twice about cutting a player before it goes to full term.

Double edged sword.

#72 Wither

Wither

• HUDDLER
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 03:29 PM

I cannot express how angry it makes me to see people cry and make excuses for these stars. I love football and I love watching my favorite players.

However, there is absolutely no reason to make excuses for them and make them seem like something they are not. There is no reason to pity them. They do not want your pity they merely want your money and for you to watch them play.

They are not superhuman. They are talented people who get paid well to do what they do. I cannot do what they do. We are all willing to pay them so I think their pay is justified. However, I see no reason to take up for them any more than you take up for the convenience store clerk at your local store.

That is one of the problems with society: we are idolizing these athletes and pop stars way too much. Is there anything wrong with liking them? No. Is there anything wrong with buying their products, talking about them, watching them on game day and proudly boasting to the world that you think highly of these people? No.

Is there something wrong with making them something more than human in order to justify your idolization? Maybe.

#73 Self Centered

Self Centered

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 03:34 PM

I cried. Cam's a sweetheart. He is going to make us a dynasty in no time. We will have a decade or so of dominance. I have a strong feeling

:eek:

#74 CamX

CamX

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 03:35 PM

When you are making hundreds of thousands even at the least I wouldn't compare that to slavery.

Also, they can walk out whenever they want. They might have to pay back some of their salary though.

Stop making these guys seem humble and better than the average person. They are just like everyone else except they make a lot of money for some of the talents that they have. There is no slavery to the league. They are not sacrificing anything more than what your local stocker is at Food Lion.

Your local stocker at Food Lion wouldnt have a bunch of butt hurt "men" crying and carrying on like little punks if he decided to go stock for Food Lion in another town.

You wouldnt feel ownership and be all butt hurt if the average joe moves out of town for work once his contract is up.

#75 Wither

Wither

• HUDDLER
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 03:38 PM

Your local stocker at Food Lion wouldnt have a bunch of butt hurt "men" crying and carrying on like little punks if he decided to go stock for Food Lion in another town.

You wouldnt feel ownership and be all butt hurt if the average joe moves out of town for work once his contract is up.

You're actually helping my point that most people are idiots.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com