Photo
- - - - -

Wake Forest.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

#31 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 February 2012 - 03:30 PM

Well, while they may be about the same academically, UNC really is harder to get into if you are an out of state student than Wake Forest. UNC limits itself to something like 15% of out of state students, because state schools are required to serve the needs of state residents over those from out of state.

With Wake being private, they don't have these restrictions. In fact, about 3/4 of Wake's students are out of state students.

From that perspective, I agree.

#32 Wither

Wither

Relatively Unknown Poster

HUDDLER

Posted 05 February 2012 - 03:31 PM

You can't go wrong with either but I highly encourage the 2-year degree first. It will save you a lot of money and give you a different perspective on your schooling.

#33 Niner National

Niner National

HUDDLER

Posted 05 February 2012 - 03:34 PM

From that perspective, I agree.

It may change soon though. In state students are highly subsidized and with education budgets decreasing, the schools need more out of state students to generate more revenue.

#34 Swan

Swan

Executive

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 February 2012 - 03:38 PM

It may change soon though. In state students are highly subsidized and with education budgets decreasing, the schools need more out of state students to generate more revenue.

Slowly, but gradually occurring in the California schooling system. The UCs are beginning to admit more out of state students. In a time of recession, it's expected. Especially when California is heavily in debt.