131 replies to this topic

#121 tarheelblue89

tarheelblue89

More u spend, More u win

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:50 PM

There are times when I bitch about it, but many more that I dont. Carolina fan's bitch about it every single game they lose. A lot of times even in games they won. I have never once heard a carolina fan say: "Congratulations, you guys won that game. You deserved the win and outplayed us." Always a thousand excuses as to why you lost. Somehow you all don't grasp the fact that there are games where other teams play particularly well, or you play particularly poor. Its always the ref's fault.

If I felt like it I would go back and pick out posts in which I have said "Congrats" to whoever we lost to. Whether it be a UNC loss to Duke or NCST(football) or Butler's loss to Duke in the title game. May have only been once or twice, but that doesn't mean I haven't accepted the loss.

And once again, you are describing every fan base. In every fan base there are fans that won't congratulate the other team, will bitch and moan about calls and won't accept the fact that they were beaten. So stop molding every fan into one giant blob. Cuz if we did that then I could come on here and say that you Duke fans always bitch and moan about calls that weren't called. Nor do I every hear "Hey congratulations on the win, you beat us"

But I don't, because I tend to listen to the people who actually know what they're are talking about when they watch basketball, not the dumbass gloating fanboy.

#122 Munch4455

Munch4455

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:00 PM

Ive been a duke fan since I was 5. I have 4 cousins and their parents who all are carolina fans and went to carolina. I only know a couple other duke fans, but tons of carolina ones. This isn't just isolated to this board. This is every carolina fan I know. Only one, my older cousin, has ever been a gracious loser. While there have been quite a few times where I have told a carolina fan that UNC played a good game and beat our asses. Hell I even told some carolina fans last wed that we didn't deserve to win that game, but we were lucky to get hot at the end. Its one thing to congratulate someone on a win, which I understand its hard to do. But its not hard to keep your mouth shut and stop blaming everything on the refs. Guess what, if there are bad calls one way, 95% the time there are bad calls the other way.

#123 tarheelblue89

tarheelblue89

More u spend, More u win

• HUDDLER
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:17 PM

It just sounds like it's the people around you that are the worst. But I get where you're coming from. I could see how annoying that has to be. I'm sorry for my fan base.

#124 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:30 PM

I don't see it that much from anyone's fanbase. I'm a Carolina guy but I can give credit to an opposing teams win. The Seminoles game was a disaster but all the credit goes to that team. I also thought it was a bad move when Roy left early. Credit to Duke for coming back and winning that game. I fault UNC for the loss not the refs.

Sidenote. When was the last time UNC or Duke fans rushed the court?

#125 Munch4455

Munch4455

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:48 PM

I don't see it that much from anyone's fanbase. I'm a Carolina guy but I can give credit to an opposing teams win. The Seminoles game was a disaster but all the credit goes to that team. I also thought it was a bad move when Roy left early. Credit to Duke for coming back and winning that game. I fault UNC for the loss not the refs.

Sidenote. When was the last time UNC or Duke fans rushed the court?

Bad move to leave early? Yes and no. There is a real possibility of a player getting injured by some dumbass fan rushing the court after a win like that. On the other hand, he pretty much said I dont care if you walkons get hurt, only my good players. I also feel as though he should have been the last one off the court if he was gonna do that, not the first, that way he could ensure all his players were safe.

And the last time the court was rushed was last year at Carolina. Last game of the year that sealed the regular season ACC championship(for carolina obviously).

Edited by Munch4455, 15 February 2012 - 10:51 PM.

#126 DoWorkBson

DoWorkBson

Hopped up out the bed

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:29 AM

I give roy a pass on the leaving the court. My understanding is he and hamilton agreed so he thought to call the game early.

#127 C-A-T-S

C-A-T-S

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:57 PM

thats a good thing? Balanced scoring wins titles, duke has no inside game and if unc hits free throws they win. Unc shot higher fg %, outrebounded, had more assists and less turnovers. Duke had more 3's by a wide margin and was helped by unc's poor ft % especially down the stretch. Actually rivers doesn't even square his body up to the basket on his shots and his dad is some kind of coach. Hell he was the main reason duke fell behind in the second half and barnes didnt do anything in the first half, then came alive and disappeared again. How many times has rivers showed up this year, thats why you guys were hating on him earlier this year and why hes one and done. Btw what was his scoring line?

lol, u mad?? :D

#128 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,498 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:08 PM

Bad move to leave early? Yes and no. There is a real possibility of a player getting injured by some dumbass fan rushing the court after a win like that. On the other hand, he pretty much said I dont care if you walkons get hurt, only my good players. I also feel as though he should have been the last one off the court if he was gonna do that, not the first, that way he could ensure all his players were safe.

And the last time the court was rushed was last year at Carolina. Last game of the year that sealed the regular season ACC championship(for carolina obviously).

yeah, that's exactly what he was saying.. Thank god you're here to over-analyze a simple situation so the masses may be enlightened. We thank you for your petty views and hope you continue to educate us all on the inner-workings of Roy's mind.

Edited by bleys, 16 February 2012 - 10:10 PM.

#129 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:12 PM

I know he was 6-10 from behind the arc dumbass!!! Also Duke won a championship with no inside game a meer two years ago. Mason has had some 20 point games this year and Niles just pulled down 22 boards against maryland. Kelly is a 6 11 mismatch who can rain threes. To say they have no inside game is dumb. Unc has two twigs who shrink against Duke when it matters. Duke plays to its strenght which is thr outside shot. Especially against an awful defensive team. Inside game did nothing bc it was asked to do nothing.

Yeah you idiot thats my point! He outscored UNC 18-3 from beyond the arch thats what the hell I said. Also those so called big men you mentioned.... heard of only one and no they can't score inside thats why they dont try. As far as defense... Duke sucks too hell ask your coach. Inside game didnt do anything because it cant, the game was one by Duke making 13 more 3's than UNC.

#130 DoWorkBson

DoWorkBson

Hopped up out the bed

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:21 PM

Because unc has no perimeter defense and a awful coach barnes destroyed them for a goof five minute stretch then they went away from him..

#131 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:30 PM

lol, u mad?? :D

Really original... BTW your in your sig Rivers is saying "I'm having a forty tonight, LOL. You should be talking about Curry you're best player, not some spoiled brat.

#132 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:16 AM

Really original... BTW your in your sig Rivers is saying "I'm having a forty tonight, LOL. You should be talking about Curry you're best player, not some spoiled brat.

Is this suppose to hurt Duke Fans? "AHAHAHAHAHHAHAH Curry your best player". Really wal mart is that the best you got.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com