Photo
- - - - -

Wow

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
58 replies to this topic

#1 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 07:26 PM

That CNN reporter, the blonde who tried to make it look like she was amid stupid bitter Republicans? A woman takes her to task and calls her out for what she's trying to do. Video taken by an individual. Totally makes the reporter look like poo. She says "this isn't about Obama. It's about government taking our money and spending it in ways we don't approve. Democrats AND Republicans. She then points her to a sign that didn't make it on the CNN tape that said "Republicans suck, too."

#2 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,915 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 07:31 PM

Super duper!!! Especially awesome without a link ;)

#3 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 07:36 PM

Sorry. I just saw it on O'Reilly. There might be a link later. The woman says to the reporter "we see what you're trying to do and it's not fair." The reporter hems and haws and tries to talk around it and the woman points her directly to the one sign they DIDN'T show on CNN.

Maybe this is much more bipartisan than anyone thought.

#4 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,915 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 07:45 PM

I'm all for people speaking out. That's American, plain and simple. But it just seems like everything is so right or left absolutely that I find it hard to believe in the real impetus behind the protest. If this is true and the sign was there and it wasn't just another anti-Obama rally, then I agree that it is a quality protest.

I don't really believe that approval for some of the intervention that the President has done can truly be drawn along party lines. I know quite a few left-leaning folks who don't agree with his directed removal of GM's CEO (or whatever his title was)

#5 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 07:46 PM

Saw it earlier today...She really punked her big time. Pointed out the sign that said Republicans suck, and basically made her look a total fool. But, she kinda made a complete ass of herself on Wednesday.

The bottom line is that apparently (even though it wasn't a republican protest) republicans don't have the right to protest without complete ridicule from the left. Nobody, bothered to apply the same standards when the left wing retards were doing it while bush was prez.

Edited by Htar, 17 April 2009 - 07:48 PM.

#6 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 07:57 PM

Greta Van Susteren made a great point. Said the CNN and MSNBC reporters who ridiculed the intelligence of the people who were there were crossing a very dangerous line. Not dangerous as in putting themselves in danger, but dangerous in terms of threatening the trust that people have in their networks.

#7 Jangler

Jangler

event horizon of chaos

• HUDDLER
  • 48,061 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 08:26 PM

But isn't that the liberal left wing way of thinking. We know what best for you, just let us take care of everything. You just work, pay your taxes and shut up.

You are free to do as we tell you. You are free to do as we tell you. -B.Hicks

#8 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,915 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 08:53 PM

But isn't that the liberal left wing way of thinking. We know what best for you, just let us take care of everything. You just work, pay your taxes and shut up.

Just look at how much the President is pushing for more invasion of people's rights and privacy! Does he get credit for the Patriot Act too?

#9 engine9

engine9

shoota muhfukkaina minute

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 09:54 PM

Speaking as a conservative former republican who voted for W in 2000, if the Republicans wanted respect they would have hammered W for his fukkups instead of defending them. W was SO inept and screwed us up SO much that a large group of people that defended him, apologized for his actions, and made excuses for what happened under his leadership are going to have to do some damage control before they have any credibility. Sadly, the cause behind all of these protests is noble. It's correct. It's right and it's just. However, as a largely Republican protest, it's 5 or 6 years too fuging late. When the story is told, Iraq will cost us in total as much or more than the Banking corruption. Republicans defended that. It was BS from the beginning. If I could sense that it was BS, what was the rest of the world thinking? It was SHART!!! The Iraq war was shart. The whole thing. The lame brains that defended at it's origin deserve every bit of ridicule they get, even though at this point they all say "I never defended it." W may have been the result of a rise in Republican party dominance, but his administration's complete and total ineptitude blew that all away like pushing all your chips to the center of the table when all you have is 8 high.

Part of me would like to grieve for the republican party, but its a small part. They screwed real conservatives over, they made real conservatives out to be racists, idiots, populists, and anything else you can imagine that would basically degrade a group of people. They came up with Freedom Fries. They shouted "Why do you hate America?" I hope they fail. I hope they fail and I hope they die.

I never could figure out why the Dems ran such a caricature idiot almost-Bush as John Kerry. Now I know. Kerry was an idiot and a near-beer Bush. His loss solidified W's final 4 years of ineptitude and pushed the pendulum to the right even further than has ever been imagined. That set us up for a swift left-ward swing (which surprisingly we haven't really seen yet, and hopefully never will) and an overall hatred of conservatives. Now, thanks to the W Republicans, conservatives are bigots/traitors/idiots to the lowest common denominator bloggers/forum-posters on the left.

I don't like it, it's not right at all, but after 8 years of W and the Republicans, I sadly understand. That doesn't mean that the LCD lefties are going to be free from the subjection (speaking strictly in regards to the forum haunters) of logical thought, but it DOES mean that occurrences like the tea parties are going to be nearly impossible to defend by moderate conservatives.

The right made it's bed, and it looks pretty stupid throwing 5-years-late tea parties.

#10 MyDrunkardNC

MyDrunkardNC

Nervous Farter

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 10:04 PM

Um, yeah. Anyway, Bill Hicks rocks! :(

#11 Jangler

Jangler

event horizon of chaos

• HUDDLER
  • 48,061 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 10:07 PM

Just look at how much the President is pushing for more invasion of people's rights and privacy! Does he get credit for the Patriot Act too?

:D It was just the left's turn, that's all. EOH

#12 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 10:12 PM

The right made it's bed, and it looks pretty stupid throwing 5-years-late tea parties.

The economy hasn't been in the shitter for five years. More like one and a half.

#13 engine9

engine9

shoota muhfukkaina minute

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 09:04 AM

The economy hasn't been in the pooter for five years. More like one and a half.

I thought the tea parties were about out of control government spending.

#14 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 09:23 AM

I thought the tea parties were about out of control government spending.

They are, but you and I both know this wouldn't be happening if everyone wasn't worried about their job, their mortgage, etc.

#15 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,589 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 09:26 AM

By far the biggest increases in spending and government debt happened under the Bushes and Ronnie.

The only recent decrease in both? Clinton.

Republicans always campaign on lower spending and spend like sailors on furlow when they get elected.

Of course changing your campaign promises only is a problem when you hang out with Jews and don't go to church.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com