Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wow

59 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

More to the point, a very well placed parabolic/shotgun mike.

Posted · Report post

we were stuck with Bush vs. Kerry in 2004 because of one simple word.

EYAIEH!!!!!!!!!!!

He would have taken a worse beatdown than Kerry did imo. Bush was still relatively popular at that time. It wasn't until 2005/2006 that Bush's popularity began to wane.

Posted · Report post

he would've been dished a worse beatdown, but he wouldn't have taken it like Kerry did.

Posted · Report post

I wanted Gore to win in 2000. I thought he would have been able to keep the good times going, without all the Clinton baggage. Did he lose because he had too much Clinton on him, or did he lose because he's a freaking dork?

Posted · Report post

the dork thing. i wasn't interested in politics then, but i still remember him constantly sighing and speaking like friggin Eeyore during the debates.

combined with Lieberman it was like attending a funeral every time you saw them speak.

Posted · Report post

I didn't really start caring about politics until 9/11/2001.

Posted · Report post

Dean got me interested during those primaries. i only had an obtuse interest before that. he energized a lot of young people during the primaries.

i voted for Nader in 2000 because even before i knew anything about politics i knew i hated Lieberman. he tried to ban Mortal Kombat.

Posted · Report post

here's that great video the thread starter couldn't find:

Unfortunately, Rodeo only saw the first half on CNN and a handful of pictures of protesters that could not spell.... and most of those pictures smell awwwwfully fishy....

It really is unfortunate that there are people on the far right and far left that had to screw the whole thing up

Posted · Report post

one thing that lady yelling at the reporter didn't do: reject the extremists.

when 1 out of 5 signs is "obama = hitler," just yelling at a reporter that it doesn't represent everyone isn't good enough. you need to actually fix the situation so you can have a peaceful and rational protest. go up to those people and tell them that they are not helping and are making a mockery of what the event stands for.

as long as those people are there, that is the story. you can't blame anyone for that. if you don't like it, then reject them.

screaming at a reporter for covering the most interesting thing at the event is not accomplishing a whole lot.

Posted · Report post

when 1 out of 5 signs is "obama = hitler," just yelling at a reporter that it doesn't represent everyone isn't good enough. you need to say that you disavow and reject those people and wish they would take down their signs or leave so you can have a peaceful and rational protest. say that directly to those people, not to the reporter who has nothing to do with them.

as long as those people are there, that is the story. you can't blame anyone for that. if you don't like it, then reject them.

screaming at a reporter for covering the most interesting thing at the event is not accomplishing a whole lot.

Remember that parade honoring the cop killers in Oakland? What if Fox sent a reporter there and she started ridiculing the people who were there and their cause? (assume, for the sake of this analogy, that she wouldn't be killed)

What would you say about the Fox reporter's methods?

Posted · Report post

when 1 out of 5 signs is "obama = hitler," just yelling at a reporter that it doesn't represent everyone isn't good enough. you need to actually fix the situation so you can have a peaceful and rational protest. go up to those people and tell them that they are not helping and are making a mockery of what the event stands for.

It was both...Those were normal, everyday Americans protesting peacefully...Can't be said for the lib protesters anywhere? It always turns violent with that group.

Posted · Report post

It was both...Those were normal, everyday Americans protesting peacefully...

if that was the case why was that lady in the video upset about the reporter showing the wrong type of people? why get upset about the signs they show or the people they talk to?