Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matt Foley

Wow

59 posts in this topic

Liked it so much you had to say it twice eh? ;)

I agree, but in fact if he hadn't said it in 1988, he stood a much greater chance of losing. He should have waited till after the 1992 elections to raise taxes. Then the economic expansion that occurred in the 90's would likely have been credited to Bush senior.

And its likely that shrub would not have been president in 2000.

I was still a preteen when Bush raised taxes, but I thought congress had more to do with that than Bush.

I was still a preteen when Bush raised taxes, but I thought congress had more to do with that than Bush.

It was actually a long process, that involved a lot of compromises from democrats and republicans in congress and the white house. And Conservative Republicans were not happy that Bush compromised, especially when he didn't lessen or remove the Capital Gains tax.

How did we get stuck with Bush vs. Gore in 2000 and Bush vs. Kerry in 2004?

we were stuck with Bush vs. Kerry in 2004 because of one simple word.

EYAIEH!!!!!!!!!!!

More to the point, a very well placed parabolic/shotgun mike.

we were stuck with Bush vs. Kerry in 2004 because of one simple word.

EYAIEH!!!!!!!!!!!

He would have taken a worse beatdown than Kerry did imo. Bush was still relatively popular at that time. It wasn't until 2005/2006 that Bush's popularity began to wane.

he would've been dished a worse beatdown, but he wouldn't have taken it like Kerry did.

I wanted Gore to win in 2000. I thought he would have been able to keep the good times going, without all the Clinton baggage. Did he lose because he had too much Clinton on him, or did he lose because he's a freaking dork?

the dork thing. i wasn't interested in politics then, but i still remember him constantly sighing and speaking like friggin Eeyore during the debates.

combined with Lieberman it was like attending a funeral every time you saw them speak.

I didn't really start caring about politics until 9/11/2001.