58 replies to this topic

#31 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,665 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 05:18 PM

Dean got me interested during those primaries. i only had an obtuse interest before that. he energized a lot of young people during the primaries.

i voted for Nader in 2000 because even before i knew anything about politics i knew i hated Lieberman. he tried to ban Mortal Kombat.

#32 StepandFetch

StepandFetch

............chicken wire?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 05:20 PM

here's that great video the thread starter couldn't find:

Unfortunately, Rodeo only saw the first half on CNN and a handful of pictures of protesters that could not spell.... and most of those pictures smell awwwwfully fishy....

It really is unfortunate that there are people on the far right and far left that had to screw the whole thing up

Edited by StepandFetch, 18 April 2009 - 05:25 PM.

#33 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,665 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 05:30 PM

one thing that lady yelling at the reporter didn't do: reject the extremists.

when 1 out of 5 signs is "obama = hitler," just yelling at a reporter that it doesn't represent everyone isn't good enough. you need to actually fix the situation so you can have a peaceful and rational protest. go up to those people and tell them that they are not helping and are making a mockery of what the event stands for.

as long as those people are there, that is the story. you can't blame anyone for that. if you don't like it, then reject them.

screaming at a reporter for covering the most interesting thing at the event is not accomplishing a whole lot.

Edited by rodeo, 18 April 2009 - 05:41 PM.

#34 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 05:39 PM

when 1 out of 5 signs is "obama = hitler," just yelling at a reporter that it doesn't represent everyone isn't good enough. you need to say that you disavow and reject those people and wish they would take down their signs or leave so you can have a peaceful and rational protest. say that directly to those people, not to the reporter who has nothing to do with them.

as long as those people are there, that is the story. you can't blame anyone for that. if you don't like it, then reject them.

screaming at a reporter for covering the most interesting thing at the event is not accomplishing a whole lot.

Remember that parade honoring the cop killers in Oakland? What if Fox sent a reporter there and she started ridiculing the people who were there and their cause? (assume, for the sake of this analogy, that she wouldn't be killed)

What would you say about the Fox reporter's methods?

#35 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 05:48 PM

when 1 out of 5 signs is "obama = hitler," just yelling at a reporter that it doesn't represent everyone isn't good enough. you need to actually fix the situation so you can have a peaceful and rational protest. go up to those people and tell them that they are not helping and are making a mockery of what the event stands for.

It was both...Those were normal, everyday Americans protesting peacefully...Can't be said for the lib protesters anywhere? It always turns violent with that group.

#36 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,665 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 05:52 PM

It was both...Those were normal, everyday Americans protesting peacefully...

if that was the case why was that lady in the video upset about the reporter showing the wrong type of people? why get upset about the signs they show or the people they talk to?

#37 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,547 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 06:21 PM

Remember that parade honoring the cop killers in Oakland? What if Fox sent a reporter there and she started ridiculing the people who were there and their cause? (assume, for the sake of this analogy, that she wouldn't be killed)

What would you say about the Fox reporter's methods?

She's not very good just like the CNN reporter. Both channels are rating whores.

Big difference is that unlike the teabaggers, no one here supported the Oakland protests.

#38 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,665 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 06:26 PM

it wouldn't really be the same situation because they wouldn't be passing up rational people at the oakland thing to speak to irrational ones. the whole thing was irrational.

a better example (and not even hypothetical) is when Fox bypassed normal protesters in Denver at the convention last year, in favor of sending a reporter to yell "why do you hate free speech?" at teenagers with bush = hitler signs.

bad reporting, yes. understandable, yes. when there is something more interesting going on you can't blame reporters for picking it over normal people.

#39 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 07:55 PM

if that was the case why was that lady in the video upset about the reporter showing the wrong type of people? why get upset about the signs they show or the people they talk to?

Because the lady in the vid was dead on, and the stupid retard CNN reporter got owned. Did she punch or spit on her? Again, I don't know, a million protesters nationwide and no riots. Hey, Ann Coulter can show up on a college campus to speak and get mugged. Libs have no self control or respect for other points of view. That's why we get all the TEABAGGING jokes from CNN and MSNBC. I'll bet Maddow's teabagged quite a few in his day.

#40 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,665 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 08:00 PM

wow, dude. take a deep breath.

#41 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 08:51 PM

So was Maddow the one who came up with "teabagging"? If so, she shouldn't be on TV.

#42 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 08:56 PM

So was Maddow the one who came up with "teabagging"? If so, she shouldn't be on TV.

Well, I don't think he should be on TV anyway...One Olbermann is enough.

He (Maddow) had two finance guys on from NPR the other night, and as much as he (maddow) tried to tie the financial crisis to Bush, they gave no quarter. They explained the history and years of bad policy (by both parties) that led to this mess. He (maddow) is such a tool!

#43 engine9

engine9

shoota muhfukkaina minute

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 09:24 PM

Hooray for taxpayer supported radio!!!!

#44 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,665 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 10:04 PM

eh, like 2% of their funding is from the gov. these days they're pretty much supporting themselves on syndication and private funding.

i kinda like them keeping 1 or 2% publicly funded just for more incentive to stay fair.

#45 engine9

engine9

shoota muhfukkaina minute

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 10:08 PM

eh, like 2% of their funding is from the gov. these days they're pretty much supporting themselves on syndication and private funding.

i kinda like them keeping 1 or 2% publicly funded just for more incentive to stay fair.

too late, these are tough times and we've got to make cuts somewhere. Sorry, but Diane Rhems has to be cut up and put into a soup that will feed the poor and starving.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com