85 replies to this topic

#76 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:06 PM

so you missed the safety, sacks, getting pushed off your spots in the pocket, not getting feet set, rushed throws and inaccurate passes all night than?

Again, had Welker and Branch caught the ball would you be talking about any of that? Didn't think so.

#77 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 34,622 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:09 PM

Be honest with yourself - you haven't watched chiefs football if you are claiming that those are the only 3 talented guys on that team.

"That's great, but who are the Chefs?"

(random, but appropriate) :)

#78 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,095 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:13 PM

Why would I watch Chiefs football? I saw probably 3 or 4 of their games this year, and just saw highlights and recaps of the rest.

They did lose their first 2 games 89-10. And they went 7-9 on the season.

The team quit on Todd Haley, and had to deal with tyler palko at QB for a few games. But they've got a lot of young talent who you're forgetting, like Hali, Flowers, Derrick Johnson, Carr, etc. They are the team that ended green bay's undefeated season.

#79 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed Moncrief 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,261 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:15 PM

Again, had Welker and Branch caught the ball would you be talking about any of that? Didn't think so.

still the giants DL was in in Brady face disrupting the timing of most of his passes. yes you would because the safety, sacks, and pic came off of pressure win or lost.

#80 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 34,622 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:20 PM

Teams used to be afraid to blitz Brady.

Don't think anyone's scared to these days.

#81 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,215 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:20 PM

they're called massholes for a reason.

and if they are not from mass and still pull for the patties, well then they are just plain ol' assholes.

#82 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 5,928 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:21 PM

Good list.

People talk about the Pats as drafting geniuses largely because of Brady, but realistically he was just the next name on their draft board. If they'd have had any inkling he was going to be that good, they wouldn't have sat him behind Bledsoe.

When I hear all the "genius" talk, the trade up to get Maroney over Williams always comes to mind and gives me a chuckle.

Chuckle on this....

In the last decade:

Drafted 11 pro bowlers (2nd most in the league)

Draftees still active in the NFL - 43 - (3rd in the league)

All 10 of there first round picks are still in the league and 11 of 14 2nd rounders.

They did all this while finishing with the best record over that time frame which means the least drafting power.

Sure not every pick of their's has been great but there is not a team in the league that drafts or evaluates players as good as the Patriots. Think I heard that over half of the active roster on the Patriots this year was made up of players drafted in the 4th round or later. I think that is a good indication on how good they are in evaluating players and getting the most out of what they have.

#83 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:22 PM

still the giants DL was in in Brady face disrupting the timing of most of his passes. yes you would because the safety, sacks, and pic came off of pressure win or lost.

Yes instead of talking about Brady and Bil getting another Superbowl or how great Brady is for pulling out the win everyone would be talking about how well the dline of the losing team played. Yes doubtful. No one would give a poo about the Giants

#84 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 34,622 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:34 PM

Chuckle on this....

In the last decade:

All 10 of there first round picks are still in the league and 11 of 14 2nd rounders.

They did all this while finishing with the best record over that time frame which means the least drafting power.

Sure not every pick of their's has been great but there is not a team in the league that drafts or evaluates players as good as the Patriots. Think I heard that over half of the active roster on the Patriots this year was made up of players drafted in the 4th round or later. I think that is a good indication on how good they are in evaluating players and getting the most out of what they have.

Last decade includes Pioli's tenure. He's not there anymore.

Not saying they miss every time, but I don't think they're as superior drafting as they get credit for, especially over the past few years. To hear some media talk, you'd think every guy they ever took was HOF worthy. And I gotta say "Pro Bowlers" doesn't really mean much.

XClown's list is a pretty evenhanded treatment.

Edited by Mr Scot, 06 February 2012 - 06:27 PM.

#85 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,095 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:02 PM

Chuckle on this....

In the last decade:

Look at the latter half of the decade when Pioli left, and compare their drafting to the Steelers, Giants, and Ravens (all teams who have been drafting late every year).

#86 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • 29,567 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:11 PM

Chuckle on this....

In the last decade:

when (what years) were those guys drafted?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.