Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1995 Hall of Fame Game

25 posts in this topic

Posted

I was there. Three friends and I got tickets and made the trip from West Virginia.

Took up a spot by the fence right in front of the end zone where Tyrone Poole returned his interception and where Steve Lofton saved the game knocking down a pass on the final play.

A great game, and to this day one of my best football memories.

Posted

Look where we are and what we have done in 18 years and then look where the Jags are... bonerrr

??????

Posted

Jaguars: 0 Super Bowl wins

Panthers: 0 Super Bowl wins

What have we done? Where are we?

Posted

Jaguars: 0 Super Bowl wins

Panthers: 0 Super Bowl wins

What have we done? Where are we?

Exactly. Neither of us have accomplished anything big.

The guy has no point.

Posted

We have a conference championship.

And we sell out home games.

1 person likes this

Posted

Jags have had more consistent success as far as playoff appearances, especially in those early years, compared to us. But when we're good we tend to be really good and do have a Super Bowl appearance and close loss.

Overall, I'd say historically we're even, but it's hard to argue that the Panthers as an organization are in a much stronger position financially and with attendance and such right now. Largely due to the quality of ownership.

Posted

Get back to me when the Jaguars win a conference championship.

Posted

Get back to me when the Jaguars win a conference championship.

In reality, conference championships don't mean anything unless you win the big game.

The teams are about even.

Posted

Jags have had more consistent success as far as playoff appearances, especially in those early years, compared to us. But when we're good we tend to be really good and do have a Super Bowl appearance and close loss.

Overall, I'd say historically we're even, but it's hard to argue that the Panthers as an organization are in a much stronger position financially and with attendance and such right now. Largely due to the quality of ownership.

I'd say they have us beat in that they retired Dan Marino (the 62-7 game). Once we retire Brees, we'll be even.

Posted

Panthers are in better shape overall. We are on the rise, we're young and we've got tons of offensive weapons. Plus our following is better. But it's gotta be hard for the Jag's considering they have to compete with the Bucs and Dolphins.

Posted

Jags and Panthers actually have a very similar history thus far.

Outside of our super bowl appearance(yeah, it's a big deal but we lost :(), it's neck and neck.

Posted

I wish that there was more of a rivalry between us and the Jags. I know its hard with scheduling but I just figured since we came in at the same time and at the time there was a competitiveness going on between us but its just fallen off.