Photo
- - - - -

That CB situation...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#16 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:30 PM

I'm with the option of drafting a young talent and tweaking the Dline. Anything other then another season of Capt giving up 3rd and long plays on a slant or crossing pattern.

#17 iskassim06

iskassim06

Da Realist

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:55 PM

I wish you had the option for draft d-line and draft cb. But I think we should go DL (Coples or Brockers or trade down the firstpick) then go cb with the next pick..I hope Rivera and Co. have looked at xavier Rhodes..Cuz if they have we can trade down and pick him up in the 3rd..and then we could've have: Poe/Still, VInny Curry, and Rhodes with our first 3 picks. Then we can pick up Janzen Jackson with one of our compensatory 6ths and pick up a playmaker wr with a 4th or LBs and OLs.

#18 iskassim06

iskassim06

Da Realist

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:59 PM

Janzen Jackson is a name that isn't on your list. He is going to be a late round STEAL. Not kidding. This guy has no more personal issues than Janoris Jenkins or Dre Kirkpatrick, and is just as talented. Not sure if he's going to try to play safety in the league or CB, but either way, he would help our defense.

I agree this kid is just as good as Janoris and could def compete on our team for that no. 2 spot. I think if we bring in 2 young corners that are both a least 6 feet then we're in better shape. and like u said we can always transition one to a safety. lord knows we got no one after Martin and Godfrey. I like Pugh but I don't think he's the answer.

#19 KillerKat

KillerKat

GTFO Shula

HUDDLER

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:06 PM

Need DL and CB through draft or FA. Doesn't matter which method as long as we upgrade.

#20 davos

davos

€∞€∞€∞€

HUDDLER

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:25 PM

Nice write up.

Ryan Steed is a potential second rounder and is moving up charts. I'll have to find it but some guys are saying he could move into the first after the combine even (I think it was on cbs). Pending the next few months, he could be in a nice place for us in the second.

Jenkins is near the top of my first round list...but...

I'm fine going with a Brockers/Still 1st then Steed/Hosley second or vice versa with a Jenkins/Kirkpatrick and a then Curry or Markelle Martin type in the 2nd. We just need to load up on BDPA this draft unless there's really an opportunity for a legit new offensive addition.

As KK said above, I'm cool with any method as long as we get that CB2 and some line talent. A OLB backup and new FS wouldn't hurt either.

Jenkins, Hosley, & Steed would be my personal preferences but that doesn't matter mucho :)

#21 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

Keep Pounding...all the way to...the draft! :D

HUDDLER

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:25 PM

Combination of drafting a promising young talent and fixing the front 7.

I should have put that as one of the options. This is the most feasible one.

#22 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

SUPPORTER

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:44 PM

No love for bacon I see.

But to be honest I'd love to see us sign a solid guy, whether DT or CB in FA, draft the other position in the 1st. Pipe dream it seems to fix the situation, but whatevs. Still torn on which position I'd like in the 1st, but trading down I'd for sure be behind.