Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tarheelpride

Romney's Minimal Wage Proposal....

19 posts in this topic

As much as the minimum wage in and of itself is a stupid concept, he's playing it correctly politically.

yes it is a stupid concept and we should all be so lucky to return to the good old days, before the minimum wage

i mean really, a race to the bottom could only be good for real americans (real americans being rich people of course)

Slipperly slope.

Without minimum wage, wages would drop.

With minimum wage, most unskilled/blue collar jobs move offshore.

Welcome to a Global Economy.

What a conundrum min wage is. As someone who has worked those jobs, It's wonderful at the time.

Thing is, if you get rid of it, naturally companies would lower wages. Yes, that would lower unemployment, but from more people choosing not to work. If min wage is increased, more people will be willing to work, but employers would have fewer jobs due to the higher wages.

Kind of a catch-22 situation.

so, there will be more jobs but more people will have to work multiple jobs to survive?

sweet.

Slipperly slope.

Without minimum wage, wages would drop.

With minimum wage, most unskilled/blue collar jobs move offshore.

Welcome to a Global Economy.

I think the amount of blue collar and unskilled job loss would be fairly low. There don't seem to be many places that pay minimum wage except fast food and retail. Can't ship those jobs anywhere, but it would mean higher prices.

I could be wrong of course, but I've worked in manufacturing facilities before and the lowest paid people all made at least $10/hr...and that was just to pack boxes.

I think the amount of blue collar and unskilled job loss would be fairly low. There don't seem to be many places that pay minimum wage except fast food and retail. Can't ship those jobs anywhere, but it would mean higher prices.

I could be wrong of course, but I've worked in manufacturing facilities before and the lowest paid people all made at least $10/hr...and that was just to pack boxes.

Low wage - farms, some manufacturers, packaging companies, many retailers, movie theaters, and etc. 30 million americans work on low wage jobs.

Free market sets fair wage on both the upper scale and the lower scale.

Consumers dictate who's rewarded/punished. Crazy concept right?

consumers don't dictate shiat. financiers and stockholders dictate. as wealth becomes consolidated any fairness in the markets is being destroyed...

1 person likes this