18 replies to this topic

#16 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:05 AM

so, there will be more jobs but more people will have to work multiple jobs to survive?

sweet.

#17 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,376 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:07 AM

Slipperly slope.

Without minimum wage, wages would drop.

With minimum wage, most unskilled/blue collar jobs move offshore.

Welcome to a Global Economy.

I think the amount of blue collar and unskilled job loss would be fairly low. There don't seem to be many places that pay minimum wage except fast food and retail. Can't ship those jobs anywhere, but it would mean higher prices.

I could be wrong of course, but I've worked in manufacturing facilities before and the lowest paid people all made at least $10/hr...and that was just to pack boxes.

#18 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • 10,453 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:04 PM

I think the amount of blue collar and unskilled job loss would be fairly low. There don't seem to be many places that pay minimum wage except fast food and retail. Can't ship those jobs anywhere, but it would mean higher prices.

I could be wrong of course, but I've worked in manufacturing facilities before and the lowest paid people all made at least $10/hr...and that was just to pack boxes.

Low wage - farms, some manufacturers, packaging companies, many retailers, movie theaters, and etc. 30 million americans work on low wage jobs.

#19 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:08 PM

Free market sets fair wage on both the upper scale and the lower scale.

Consumers dictate who's rewarded/punished. Crazy concept right?

consumers don't dictate shiat. financiers and stockholders dictate. as wealth becomes consolidated any fairness in the markets is being destroyed...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.