Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stadium Controversy Brewing?

90 posts in this topic

Posted

WSOC-TV ran a story at 6 saying that the Panthers have started a study looking at improving the stadium and they have scheduled a meeting to sit down with local officials about the renovations. They of course included some quotes with individuals opposed to having public funding to help improve the stadium. It sure seemed like they were fishing for negative feedback.

It also notes that the Panthers have NOT yet asked the city to contribute any money for the cause.

Link

1 person likes this

Posted

what kind of renovation would cost so much to have to ask tax payers for money? a roof?

Posted

what kind of renovation would cost so much to have to ask tax payers for money? a roof?

Live panthers in each end zone

1 person likes this

Posted

Free beer.

Posted

Even just getting new signage to replace every old logo with the new ones will cost the team millions of dollars, so I don't doubt that renovations could cost a significant amount of money.

Posted

Now I would give up some tax dollars for that.

Posted

Why not help pay for them? It's not like they paid to build it............................ The least they could do is pay for renovations or at least a percentage.

Posted

Even just getting new signage to replace every old logo with the new ones will cost the team millions of dollars, so I don't doubt that renovations could cost a significant amount of money.

Maybe a few hundred thousand max.

Posted

probably not millions

Posted

I could see millions, those huge light up logo signs at the stadium wont be cheap.

Posted

Why not help pay for them? It's not like they paid to build it............................ The least they could do is pay for renovations or at least a percentage.

hell no

Posted

UGA_20bites_20AU_20player.jpg

So like this, only more vicious. I like it.