Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stadium Controversy Brewing?

90 posts in this topic

Posted

The NFL isn't responsible for team stadiums, it is the Owner(s) responsibility.

the owners are the league is the owners

Posted

Based on the revenue the stadium and the Panthers bring to the city and county, I would have no problem with spending some significant tax dollars to upgrade/renovate the stadium.

Posted

Our schools are a mess.

If they can give us a Super Bowl it's money well spent.

Posted

Banned..With Neg Rep:out:

Neg rep, oh no.

Posted

The problem with Charlotte getting a Super Bowl isnt the stadium. Its the few amenities the city has to offer and the lack of premier hotels. Charlotte has to step up its "tourism" game if it wants a huge event like a Super Bowl. We're taking baby steps first with this DNC later this year. If we can handle things like that, maybe down the road we can accommodate the big game.

Indianapolis, Jacksonville, and Detroit say hello.

Posted

The problem with Charlotte getting a Super Bowl isnt the stadium. Its the few amenities the city has to offer and the lack of premier hotels. Charlotte has to step up its "tourism" game if it wants a huge event like a Super Bowl. We're taking baby steps first with this DNC later this year. If we can handle things like that, maybe down the road we can accommodate the big game.

Idny can't be much better than Charlotte if at all.

Posted

This. I've recently opened a new gas station and 2 simple numbered LED signs cost $5,000. So I can only imagine what a huge sign with custom logo design and requirements would cost. Easily in the six figures. Here are 2 on the outside that have to be re-done.

86511358_d9c867c2e2.jpg

Just take the old ones down and not replace then with the new logos. Wouldn't cost anything besides to pay for the labor.

Posted

my bank account looks like -231.54 or something like that. don't think I can contribute to the cause

Posted

This. I've recently opened a new gas station and 2 simple numbered LED signs cost $5,000. So I can only imagine what a huge sign with custom logo design and requirements would cost. Easily in the six figures. Here are 2 on the outside that have to be re-done.

86511358_d9c867c2e2.jpg

I used to work for Lightbulb Depot in Charlotte and let me tell you. If the Panthers wanted to upgrade the signs and all that, the lights they could get from that place would be hella cheap for one reason, actually two. 1. They would want their business so they can provide them exclusively with bulbs for the whole stadium, so it would be very cheap. Trust me, I know the owner. 2. Create a scratch my back and I'll scratch yours type of deal, quality bulbs at rock bottom prices for tickets, etc etc. They used to have a deal with the Bobcats, I used to run that account, but when I moved on from that place the guy in charge of all maintenance stopped dealing with the company because the guy that took over the account was a douche bag. I laughed, really hard when I heard that.

On a side note, I think you over paid for those signs man.

Posted

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! Damn, I wish!

Hang on, I gotta go take the yacht for a spin.....

Every logo on every single flag, sign, banner, beer cup, hot dog wrapper, etc. You don't think that could go into seven figures?

Posted

Every logo on every single flag, sign, banner, beer cup, hot dog wrapper, etc. You don't think that could go into seven figures?

disposable stuff like wrappers and cups are a non-issue. worst case you throw a couple of cases away (and i doubt they'll do that) and wait for the new shipments of stuff with the new logo to come in. it's probably as simple as sending your manufacturer an email with the new image on a file.

personally i would like to see the lowest three rows directly behind the away teams' bench be handed complimentary kazoos.

Posted

Our schools are a mess.

If they can give us a Super Bowl it's money well spent.

^ I agree.....our schools are a mess, and at this point in my life I will stand up and say, that throwing more money at them will not help....at some point a kid has to want to learn, and a parent has to be a parent...sorry about the hijack...Go Panthers.

1 person likes this